Another whisky recommendation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
On the subject of Whisky - how do you pronounce Laphroaig?
It goes like this:
''A bottle of Lagavulin, please.''
''How much?''
''I'll take a bottle of Laffroy-ig.''

I believe that translates as Harbour Bay so I'd risk pronouncing the second part as haven. The chances of being served by a Gaelic speaker in London are pretty low so my guess is likely to be as good as the server's.
The Abhainn part is river. The bun part can mean base or bottom but in the context of a river, it means the mouth.
Bunnahabhainn means the mouth of the river. Go educate those Londoners :becool:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A friend of my nephew brought this for Christmas.......

I was very impressed with my first taste of Japanese whisky.

mpemburn

Had a drap of Lagavulin with my bro-in-law on Christmas Eve. Nice and smooth. I don’t usually drink peat-smoky stuff but I must say that having smelled peat burning in Ireland, I understand the flavor a bit more. In truth, burning peat smells pretty nasty, but I didn’t have to hold my nose to the drink the usquebaugh.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have the remains of a bottle of “Nicka from the barrel” which is also a very pleasing Japanese whisky
I had a look on some of the Japanese whisky websites and, judging by the prices, got the impression that they mainly catered for the Corporate Gifts market. The whisky that I mentioned was £35 for a 500mL undersized bottle. It was right at the "entry level" end of the spectrum. I wonder what the everyday whisky for normal folks out there is.

Top Bottom