Another York ride, anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I maybe able to do Sunday? but I will have to check...

colly

Re member eR
Thanks Phil.

If I get plenty done this week then I should be ok to tag along.:becool::smile:

I think it will depend on how much decorating gets finished in the kitchen this week.:biggrin::sad:

A good reason to get my finger out and get cracking.:angry:

banjokat

Thanks for the heads up on this Phil, unfortunately I'm working, otherwise I'd have loved to come out to play on the new trike.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
I might be interested but it depends whether I've got used to the Galaxy by the weekend. I need to get used to the drops and would rather not do it in front of a group!

Oh please come along & get used to the drops in front of a friendly group :biggrin: It could be as classic at 'Gezza's' ? clipless moment in Hornsea :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
What's the planned start time & date then ?
Can only make Saturday & my possible train arrival times into York are either 08:14 :biggrin: or 10:10 :biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
The trials of being retired.Did not realize it was the 16th on Sat.

That busy with this kitchen and staircase decorating.

Have got a meeting arranged in Leeds at 14-00.With two of my ex -work pals.

We do lunch once a month.

It should be good this month.One of them has just been offered EVR.and a bundle of money to leave.

No contest he's taking it.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
Oh please come along & get used to the drops in front of a friendly group :angry: It could be as classic at 'Gezza's' ? clipless moment in Hornsea :smile:

I could do the double. Drops and clipless pedals:ohmy::biggrin:. They didn't seem too hard leaning against a wall in my house. Out on the open road would be a different matter I suspect;).

Helen just to let you know your brakes will bed in as I was braking this morning (not hard) and I could feel my back brakes starting to bite harder. I will try to sort out the stems for you to day I hope.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
spandex said:
Helen just to let you know your brakes will bed in as I was braking this morning (not hard) and I could feel my back brakes starting to bite harder. I will try to sort out the stems for you to day I hope.

Thank you! I'd forgotten they'd need a bit of bedding in. Maybe I will be OK for the ride. I need to keep up the mileage if I'm to survive Amsterdam and Scotland.

Have we decided for definite which day the ride is?

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I have almost definitely decided it will be Saturday. (Malton is closed on a Sunday, apart from anything else).

We haven't agreed a start time. I was going to suggest a little earlier than last time, so that we get to Malton while the market is still going, and so that we have time for a civilised morning tea stop at Castle Howard.

With apologies to Solty, how about starting at maybe 9 or 9.30? (Maybe Arch will give you breakfast while you wait if you ask nicely, Solty...) Same place, at the west end of the Minster. The Monk's Cross or Grimston Bar Park and Rides would be the ones to go for if you're driving to York.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
so that we have time for a civilised morning tea stop at Castle Howard.

I feel this is an important point. By the time we reach Castle Howard and the top of its Howardian Hills (just how does one pronounce "Howardian?"), we will appreciate a tea stop.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I did 38 yesterday and felt I had more in my legs, it was my bum that was complaining.

When you're on your own, you tend to go non-stop. Your bum doesn't thank you for that. Hence tea stops.

Don't let me have half a tonne of cheese, pickled onions and coke, I reckon it was that did for me last time.

Are we back on bums here? Anyway, make a note, everyone, cheese, pickled onions and coke are off the menu for Arch...

Top Bottom