Another Yorkshire Accolade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nowt as insecure as Yorkshire

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yorkshire seems to populated by idiot journalists too. The headline states that Yorkshire is best in the country for Fish and Chips, but the article itself cannot back that up at all. In fact Google Fu shows me that in the 2017 awards (independant) the top plaiced (see what I did) Yorkshire chippy was third.

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_0476.JPG

I think the whole of the UK loves Yorkshire and Yorkshire folk although some small minded people on here are hesitant in coming out of the closet and embracing our Northern Lovliness.:smile:
Even the French love Yorkshire, the pic was taken at a beach we visited last summer.

TVC

So which award did they actually win? I may have misread the article but it seems that they are the best because a bloke from Yorkshire says they are.

View attachment 355046
I think the whole of the UK loves Yorkshire and Yorkshire folk although some small minded people on here are hesitant in coming out of the closet and embracing our Northern Lovliness.:smile:
Even the French love Yorkshire, the pic was taken at a beach we visited last summer.
You're also not Northern.

I remember, as teenager, there being a fish shop, on Leeds Road, in Outwood (Wakefield) called Annies
All that was sold was Fish, fishcake & chips
If you wanted peas, you were out of luck

Even with 4, possibly 5, within easy distance (2 certainly within 100 yards), there was a queue outside, & generally 15-20 minutes before she opened!!St

Still trading, under the same name, but with different owners
http://www.instantstreetview.com/@53.708041,-1.503992,260.41h,4.16p,1z

And, just around the corner, on Ledger Lane, was Poskitt & Moodys (now another name. but still a bakery), that sold Oven Bottom Cakes, a worthy secondment to Annies finest!!!

Top Bottom