Another Yorkshire Accolade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Every time someone I know moves they always drop into the conversation that a local chippy is in the top 3 of the country.

It's all quite simple. There are dozens of companies judging awards so hundreds of placing chip shops. They pay to enter. It's a money machine scheme and marketing.

There aren't enough chips in Yorkshire for the chippies to sell them as it seem to be fashionable to wear them on both shoulders.

The population of Yorkshire in 2011 (according to good ol' wiki) was 5,288,200: that's a lot of chips.

Yorkshire in the style of a child's toy

wtqhzbdrsorxl7ofkykg.gif

Reactions: TVC

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Every time someone I know moves they always drop into the conversation that a local chippy is in the top 3 of the country.

It's all quite simple. There are dozens of companies judging awards so hundreds of placing chip shops. They pay to enter. It's a money machine scheme and marketing.
Same with Curry Restaurants, almost every restuarant near me claims their chef has won an award of some sort.

TVC

I lived in Bradford, top that for shiteholeness.
You win.

stephec

Legendary Member

You've spoilt it now.

I was watching the Tour of Yorkshire on telly thinking that could be a nice place to move to. But then I remembered all the Yorkshire folk I've ever encountered. No thanks.

Reactions: TVC
Top Bottom