Anti compulsion petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Signed

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Cheers!

I should also state - theres a box for adding in comments over the matter. I added that tourism will suffer and that I personally feel helmets are still unproven in the main. It should be a matter of choice based on real evidence.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Signed.
With the comment that I've been to Northern Ireland 3 times in the past 5 years and that if this bill is passed I won't be coming back.

(Not even for the pre-theatre menu at the Ginger Bistro)

atbman

Veteran
This is another "Wear a helmet or YOU WILL DIE!!" campaign to encourage taking up the healthy and safe pastime of cycling :tongue:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just to add to this - if you're in any doubt, take a read of

www.wrongheaded.org.uk

There's not long to get on this - the bill goes before the committee on March 10th and the deadline for the petition is March 14th!

I've been waiting for that to go live for about 2 months! I'm glad it has, I saw the converse and planning on the CTC forums that went into it and it looked promising.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Couldn't they have got a photo of someone cycling in NI on the web-page though ... that one doesn't look like any of the bits I know - looks more like East Anglia.

I'd already signed. But I've now put a link on Facebook to it... and I'll mention it to some friends.

The website wasnt specifically set up for the NI situation, but more a sensible counter to the misinformation that Headway, BHIT and co have put out over the recent years.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The website wasnt specifically set up for the NI situation, but more a sensible counter to the misinformation that Headway, BHIT and co have put out over the recent years.

Yes - but I'm talking about the photo on the page dealing with NI ... couldn't they have found something more representative of NI than that photo. (Sorry I know I'm being picky ... ).

Paco de Bango

I've signed too FWIW.

I can't believe they are wasting time on this when precisely no one has been killed on a bike in NI in 2009 and 2010. So they will save exactly zero lives if this becomes law.

Top Bottom