Anti-Theft Rope

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pity bikes are too light

The creator of Ogri had a brilliant idea, many years ago:whistle:

DSC01514.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ogri - classic! :laugh:
"Bike" magazine isn't the same without it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ogri was very funny forty years ago, but became repetitive and tedious as time went on. The last time I bought Bike with the cartoon in it I thought it was long past it's sell by date - as is the magazine itself now, it turned from a radical and left field motorcycle magazine into just another "600cc sports bike grouptest" consumer rag.

I can remember when manufacturers used to go ape and withdraw their advertising after one of their machines were roundly savaged in a road test report. The original magazine told it like it was, at a time when the traditional motorcycle press went no further than "At 60mph some vibration was apparent, and our test machine had an unfortunate problem with the gearbox.". Or in other words the bike was an unrideable dog built by blind apes.

Ogri was very funny forty years ago, but became repetitive and tedious as time went on. The last time I bought Bike with the cartoon in it I thought it was long past it's sell by date -]/quote]
Didn't they try & bring him (plus Malcolm & Mitzi) up to date once, but it was pilloried by the readers?

I can remember when manufacturers used to go ape and withdraw their advertising after one of their machines were roundly savaged in a road test report. The original magazine told it like it was, at a time when the traditional motorcycle press went no further than "At 60mph some vibration was apparent, and our test machine had an unfortunate problem with the gearbox.". Or in other words the bike was an unrideable dog built by blind apes.
A similar story to the one that Clarkson told, when he savaged the (first) Vectra, & Vauxhall (or rather General Motors) threatened to withdraw the advertising from the BBC.............

Top Bottom