Any ' a shade greener ' customers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I think I would ask two questions:

1) How long have they been established? - if before 2010 then they're probably alright.
2) Do you have anything shading your south facing roof ?- if so, have they told you. It does not matter winter, but it does summer.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't know anything about shade greener, but I can heartily recomend www.solartech.org.uk. They are one of the largest independently owned renewable energy companies in the uk, privately owned and have been in business for twelve years.

We recently had (a week before Christmas ) air source heat pump installed by them, and they did a great job, they have also completed three solar installations in my village, and those customers are very happy with them.

Give them a call and they'll come out to you in give you advise free of charge. Highly recommended.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I don't know too much about this company http://www.greenpanels.co.uk/ but have been chatting with the chap on Twitter.
We want to change lives, thats why Green Panels has pledged to install a solar PV system to a school in Africa if we do 50 installs in 2013! Let the countdown begin!
I'd be interested in how well they do and if they are any good.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Do update and let us know how you get on and if it all works out as expected.
quick update scaffolding went up as arranged on tuesday .and today we had the panels installed and wired up all tested and running , just waiting our passwords so we can log on to their website and see how much energy we are producing .

scaffold stays up for aprox 2 weeks just in case any issues .

so all in all well recommended .

anybody want any other info feel free to pm me re this .

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Biggs, are a shade greener renting your roof to install their panels and giving you a proportion of their FIT electricity tarrif back... or are you buying the panels and paying ifor them in installments equvalent to 67% of the electricity FIT tarrif recovered by them? If you aren't paying for the solar panel installation then exactly how is it 'free'?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Biggs, are a shade greener renting your roof to install their panels and giving you a proportion of their FIT electricity tarrif back... or are you buying the panels and paying ifor them in installments equvalent to 67% of the electricity FIT tarrif recovered by them? If you aren't paying for the solar panel installation then exactly how is it 'free'?
they free rent the roof space , no payment has been or will be made and after 25 years they become ours or we can have them removed . whatever energy is produced goes to the National grid via our meter , and any energy that we use below the level its produced at is foc to us . so if used wisely should be able to save up to 50% .

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You can plan to use electricity during the day by putting your washing machine/ dryer/ dishwasher [and even heat your hot water tank with the immersion heater if you still have one] on timers. You can programme an electric oven timer to start cooking oven meals or use a slow cooker on a timer... all helps to use the electric you are producing which is more cost effective than 'selling' generated units back to the grid and then using peak units when you get home in the evenings.

Top Bottom