Any ' a shade greener ' customers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
Many companies do nothing of the sort, I have seen my lad's telephone script, it states quite clearly a 50% saving on your electric bill, that is nonsense.

Fortunately i dealt with a more reputable company, i was quoted the figures but was also made aware that in reality they would be exceeded, this has been proved to be correct.

The government doesn't have any money, it's throwing "our" money, raised by a specific taxation, to throw at an industry that wouldn't be viable without it.

I didn't say it was their money. You are correct the government just taxes our money in and then dishes it out as they see fit. IIRC i don't even think the Feed In Tariff money comes from direct taxation, the quarterly cheque comes from the energy company who would be getting the money from other peoples energy bills.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
had a letter today from " a shade greener dot com " that in the 2 years we have had our panels fitted we have saved over £1400 , so more than happy

Drago

Legendary Member
Quite right, for installations after early 2012 you will need to work hard and smart to make it pay if you are buying the panels. Fortunately we got on the scheme/gravy train at the right time.
Had mine fitted last year. Just had a quarterly leccy bill of £24 and some pence. Then there's the £188 FIT payment conk g our way for this quarter. Big bungalow roof facing due south, 5kW installation, I'm in the money.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Had mine fitted last year. Just had a quarterly leccy bill of £24 and some pence. Then there's the £188 FIT payment conk g our way for this quarter. Big bungalow roof facing due south, 5kW installation, I'm in the money.
Make sure you smear your old chip fat all over it for maximum effect! ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You can plan to use electricity during the day by putting your washing machine/ dryer/ dishwasher [and even heat your hot water tank with the immersion heater if you still have one] on timers. .
Word of caution on that (not on solar panels)... ever since our dishwasher caught fire* while we were in bed, I won't put any washer etc on while we are out...

*you'd think the in-built sprinkler would put it out, but no :smile: electrics in the door caught fire

themightycrag

If I had know how bad this company was I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole. I've had a boiler in for just over four years now and, how can I put, they've screwed up massively.

They've broke the stopvalve

The outlet pipe from the boiler is the wrong length and leaks

When they put the boiler in they broke the tiles on the roof from they put flue in and it was 2 years before we realised and when we did, our landing ceiling came through from a leak. They sent a plaster out to repair (a small patch) on the ceiling 6 weeks BEFORE they fixed the leak in the roof and this was a year and half ago and it still leaks. They won't send anyone out to fix it and they ignore all my emails.

Christ they are crap and if you want to see the photo's then join my facebook site. Stay away at all costs.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Holy thread resurrection
Since last weekend we have noticed a drop in production and nothing is being exported to the grid.
So we contacted them and they asked for a couple of simple things to be checked which we have done so now coming out next month to have a look and see what is wrong can't come before as really busy

Top Bottom