Any Blackberry users on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I was just wondering if anyone still uses one of their devices. The Canadian company one had a 50% market share but now stands at a mere 1/2% and are still in a loss making situation. I don't use one myself. Has the system anything to commend it? Would you ever consider one?

screenman

Legendary Member
I used to call mine a raspberry, for obvious reasons.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I was just wondering if anyone still uses one of their devices. The Canadian company one had a 50% market share but now stands at a mere 1/2% and are still in a loss making situation. I don't use one myself. Has the system anything to commend it? Would you ever consider one?
Used to use them and actually liked them, but I would be wary of buying one at the moment unless things pick up for them.

I feel they are still more business than pleasure orientated and the lack of apps compared with ios and android will put people off them too.

Would love to see them doing well again and would certainly consider one in the future.

Ganymede

Veteran
double

Brains

Legendary Member
They are a good business tool, they deal with high volume mail better than any other pocket mobile.
the issue that killed the company was security.
The Americans, (and Russians, Indians, Arabs etc) were unable to hack the mail, therefore have banned the devices wherever they can and have done the best to refuse the company finance so they will disappear in the next few years

Top Bottom