Any blogspot bloggers here? Can you help with this please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
http://lejogride.blogspot.co.uk/

When I post from my laptop the text comes up in green text on a transparent background which is cool I think.

When I post via e mail from my mobile phone it comes up as plain text on a white opaque background. less cool I think.

I have tried to figure out why but it remains a mystery to me.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get the mobile phone posts to look the same as the laptop uploads?

TIA:smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If you're signed in and ''design'' is showing in the top banner, this should take you to the right page for setting up your mobile view.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought green-on-transparent sounded horrible, but it does look quite nice!

I see what you mean - the first post is that way, but the other is a white background - strange!

I don't like the idea of touring with a rucksack on though. I rode a mere 55 miles from Hathersage to Hebden Bridge with a medium-sized one on and hated it! My back was sweaty, it affected my sense of balance and it got in the way when I tried to look over my shoulder

I'd forgotten about your trip. I said that I'd make a list of hostels, but it looks like you've already worked out your route now. Am I off the hook, or do I need to get plotting? :whistle:

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Hi Colin..

Ive got the gps track files and the address of the places to stay...but some of them arnt on the gps tracks (off route a touch)...so what I was looking at before was somewhere to get a POI file of the YHA and SYHA locations so I could simply load the poi file into the garmin, then hit 'find' and have it navigate me to the hostel from wherever I am at the time.

If you have POI files like that it would be wonderful, but don't bust a gut if you don't...I can always ask a local:smile:

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

If you're signed in and ''design'' is showing in the top banner, this should take you to the right page for setting up your mobile view.

Thanks...but it looks fine in the mobile view, it's th elaptop view that's odd. The issue is that only posts uploaded via e mail from my phone show up as on a white opaque background which I don't want. Posts made from the laptop show up correctly as green on transparent.

ColinJ

Hi Colin..

Ive got the gps track files and the address of the places to stay...but some of them arnt on the gps tracks (off route a touch)...so what I was looking at before was somewhere to get a POI file of the YHA and SYHA locations so I could simply load the poi file into the garmin, then hit 'find' and have it navigate me to the hostel from wherever I am at the time.

If you have POI files like that it would be wonderful, but don't bust a gut if you don't...I can always ask a local:smile:
Ah - my GPS is dumb, so it will only either follow routes/tracks that I pre-plan and upload to it, or let me do a 'trackback' to go back the way I came. It can't work out anything for itself.

I'm slightly confused - surely if you've managed to plot all the way from LE to JOG, it would only take you a few minutes extra to make a file with your selected hostel waypoints in it?

Did you manage to get that test file working that I did of 2 or 3 locations in the Brighton area?

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

..the gps has no more waypoint room now ive loaded the track files for the trip, so when I try to add each location as a waypoint it fails. Adding the locations as poi files should get around this.

..nope, the brighton locations file I couldn't get to load via poi loader...some issue with the file name I recall but you managed right?..im unsure what I didn't do then.:blush:

what I could possibly do is delete each stage file from the gps as I finish each stage, that should free up waypoint memory I guess, so then I could add each lopcation as a waypoint in theory while I ride.

ColinJ

If you are right up at the limit of the GPS memory, couldn't you just simplify one stage to free up 10 or 15 waypoints? I have to do that all the time. For example, if I have a long and winding road to follow (must be a song in there somewhere!), I often approximate it by a few straight-line segments to save GPS memory.

My problem with the POI thing is that my old GPS doesn't work with POI and I had never even heard of them until you posted about them, so it is impossible for me to test anything other than standard GPX files.

I assume that there is separate memory for POI on your GPS then? I can see what you want to do, but can't really see how to help you.

I'm sure that you will get yourself sorted - you managed to make it across the USA okay - have fun!

Top Bottom