Any car satnav update experts ?? A price question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
TBH this is for my Bro.
As per title his satnav maps need updating.
Ford want £180 + vat.
There is an online company offering it for £40.00.
Any advice appreciated.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I just use my mobile phone, it’s free and better than my Ford built in satnav.

Drago

Legendary Member
I update my Volvo myself for 30 sheets. It was a ball ache and took 5 hours, but cost about a tenth of what Volvo wanted. So, I'd say to your Brother use the cheap option.

Volvo twat nav is lovely to use, although the Fraulein Helga's voice is a little matriarchal and rather scary - I use the male voice that sounds like J.A.R.V.I.S.

vickster

Legendary Member
How often does he actually use it?
Be cheaper to just buy a new TomTom f he doesn't want to just use Waze or similar on his phone

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ebay.

Picked up DVD's for my car in the past, and recently a SD Card for my wife's Nissan - check reviews. Cost £17 for an SD and maps.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I had this issue with Nissan and the only option was manufacturer update. I know it's no help but I once ran an experiment with TomTom and Google maps on a drive to Belgium from home. Both systems matched each other identically turn for turn.

I can understand your brother's view.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had this issue with Nissan and the only option was manufacturer update. I know it's no help but I once ran an experiment with TomTom and Google maps on a drive to Belgium from home. Both systems matched each other identically turn for turn.

I can understand your brother's view.

See post above yours - both cars Nissan.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
....but my 75 year old bro has a built in satnav and wants it updating.
cheaper option then. Check the online companies reviews and things. It's a fairly simple operation, a bit like going to a local mechanic instead of getting fleeced by a main dealer for the same service.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Last time I looked it cost £150 for an updated one on my 2008 Vauxhall. It needs it though... its gone from Sat Nav to Twat Nav now, with all the new roads built in the last 12 years.

I've always been wary of Ebay upgrades but I might take a chance if I decide to keep this car.

Top Bottom