Any coffee/espresso nerds on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Instant coffee! Is that still a thing?

Used to drink it all the time. Since switching to beans some years ago I canna thole the stuff. When visiting customers I drink tea. Too many cups of supermarket brand coffee - shudder.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Aeropress or moka pot is a budget friendly way to make good coffee☕

Careful, you'll be called a coffee snob unless you make it with the cheapest supermarket instant coffee & boiling water.
FC52EC3F-1243-4AF9-8915-2F897E2463C1.jpeg

My bean to cup machine. Coffee beans from an artisan German coffee roasters who I have also bought cycle lights and socks from.

gbb

Legendary Member
Instant coffee! Is that still a thing?

Even 10 years ago, apparently not (on cafes etc)
Never been a coffee drinker (apart from a relatively short periods when I enjoyed either Greek or filtered) so travelling for work was often mildly problematic, given I don't really like the insipid tea many places churn out.
I remember being stood in an airport once on my way to god knows where, looking for a drink and something to eat.
I stood bewildered in front of an eternal list of coffee types...not even knowing (or caring) what they were.
'Can I just have a normal coffee please'
'What would you like'
'Just a normal coffee, I dont really care, instant coffee?'
'Ah, you want an Americano then'
'If that's the nearest thing, it'll do'...while figuratively shrugging my shoulders.

Some of us really don't do coffee and don't really care for all the myriad of types :smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Even 10 years ago, apparently not (on cafes etc)
Never been a coffee drinker (apart from a relatively short periods when I enjoyed either Greek or filtered) so travelling for work was often mildly problematic, given I don't really like the insipid tea many places churn out.
I remember being stood in an airport once on my way to god knows where, looking for a drink and something to eat.
I stood bewildered in front of an eternal list of coffee types...not even knowing (or caring) what they were.
'Can I just have a normal coffee please'
'What would you like'
'Just a normal coffee, I dont really care, instant coffee?'
'Ah, you want an Americano then'
'If that's the nearest thing, it'll do'...while figuratively shrugging my shoulders.

Some of us really don't do coffee and don't really care for all the myriad of types :smile:

1697919023184.png

bitsandbobs

Über Member

Can I have a beer please?

A beer's a beer, right?

stephec

Legendary Member
Cheers, Salford Roasters Ugandan beans.

I've never tried a light roast before, usually stick to medium/dark, and unless I had done I'd never have believed what a difference it makes.

I also always thought the tasting notes were a bit of pretentious nonsense but as soon as it falls out of the grinder you get a strong aroma, a bit too floral for me but I'm glad I tried it.
IMG_20231022_163206.jpg

IMG_20231022_162811.jpg

Top Bottom