Any coffee/espresso nerds on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I’m not a coffee nerd and really hate all the BS around it. However I do love good coffee and one of the places we stayed in France this year had a bean to cup machine. As soon as we got home we ordered the same one and it’s utterly brilliant.

IMG_1141.jpeg

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I’m not a coffee nerd and really hate all the BS around it. However I do love good coffee and one of the places we stayed in France this year had a bean to cup machine. As soon as we got home we ordered the same one and it’s utterly brilliant.

View attachment 710740

I used to spend time doing a good espresso but I just didn't have the time for it anymore. We got a bean to cup machine and haven't looked back. It's not the same quality, granted, but when you dial in the grind fineness and other settings, you can pull a good coffee out of them.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I‘m not a connoisseur, so I’m sure in a blind test I wouldn‘t be able to tell the difference.

No neither am I. I could probably tell the difference in my old espressos and this automatic machine in the same way as I have favourite coffee beans but I have never sat there with a thermometer, scales and a spoon. I'm too impatient for that.

stephec

Legendary Member
Don't ever join a Facebook group for Gaggia Classic owners then, some of the discussions on a two second difference in shot time, or 3°F temperature variations, can get quite indepth. 😂

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
No neither am I. I could probably tell the difference in my old espressos and this automatic machine in the same way as I have favourite coffee beans but I have never sat there with a thermometer, scales and a spoon. I'm too impatient for that.

As more subtly pointed out, you forgot about the bleeding stopwatch. Honestly!

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't generally drink coffee , much prefer tea but in those moments of madness when you think....let's go see what's out there., the prices of some machines astounded me. Bogger that :smile:
The only coffee I generally likes was filtered coffee on a Sunday morning, the smell of it through the house was lovely...and Greek coffee, I used to drink it a lot when working in Cyprus.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I don't generally drink coffee , much prefer tea but in those moments of madness when you think....let's go see what's out there., the prices of some machines astounded me. Bogger that :smile:
The only coffee I generally likes was filtered coffee on a Sunday morning, the smell of it through the house was lovely...and Greek coffee, I used to drink it a lot when working in Cyprus.

You don't need to buy a machine, there are lots of good alternatives that will get you better than average coffee.

stephec

Legendary Member
Careful, you'll be called a coffee snob unless you make it with the cheapest supermarket instant coffee & boiling water.

Usually by someone who then goes on to insist that there's no difference between a freshly made espresso and a cup of Mellow Birds. 😂

Top Bottom