Any company you refuse to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
I was in Sainsburys years ago and a cleaner was buffering the floor. No signs up so I never noticed and slipped on my backside sending my basket of shopping all over the place.

No one came to my aid or offered to help and when I went to complain the employee at customer relations clearly couldn't give a toss. The eventually called over the security guard who rather than trying to calm me down (was annoyed not angry) was squaring up to me offering a fight. Crazy.

So since then I have never shopped in their stores or their petrol stations. I used to have a Sainsburys local in walking distance from my house but would bypass it to go to the Asda out of principle :-)

Anyone else have anything similar?

MikeG

Guru
Google.

When they pay their taxes and stop collecting their users' data I'll reconsider. Until then, it's Duckduckgo for me.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Tescos, because without fail the shopping experience is appalling, and then there is the question of alleged lack of morals and ruthlessly unfair anti competition fun & games they supposedly employ.

Go compare, don't know why but think it is purely due to the irritating ad campaigns that they dont have the imagination to change after decades?

mustang1

Guru
Google.

When they pay their taxes and stop collecting their users' data I'll reconsider. Until then, it's Duckduckgo for me.

I thought Google is paying it's taxes, but they get a huge discount because they can.

But... Are you paying your taxes and shouldn't you be paying more?

Btw idk about latest info, but last time I checked, ddg still uses a backend search engine so need to ensure Google isn't one of them. Instead, try one of the other search engines (that also collect data?)

Drago

Legendary Member
What's up with them?

Years ago they refused to recognise my membership, leaving my then pregnant wife (the old wife, not the new improved one) stranded in the snow when her car broke down. They then argued the toss when challenged over it. I issued legal proceedings and they settled before court - all my membership fees for the 4 years we'd been members returned, plus a sum for the upset and distress leaving a pregnant customer stranded with a broken car in the middle of winter. Nothing that even resembked an apology received.

I wouldnt trust them to flush the lavatory without messing it up and lying about it afterwards.

They recently refused to go out to a friend of ours because, according to them, her car wasn't taxed. It was very taxed, but the system they use (presumably the online DVLA portal) was wrong. They re happy to take your momey, but when they need to spehd some of it to provide their service they can trot out some of the most amazing reasons for not delivering.

Last edited:
Top Bottom