Any company you refuse to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My local bakers. A few months after we moved in, I got a loaf of bread. Did I want it sliced? Thanks, that would be great. That'll be £1.15. Er, it says £1.10. We charge 5p for slicing. Do you? Well, most people don't. If you do, don't you think you should tell people? Most people know. Well I didn't. Might I suggest that if you want to charge for slicing, you put it on your prices board, and perhaps tell people verbally when you offer to slice their bread. [Surly look.] Don't pay it then. I won't. And I'll tell you what else I won't do. I won't ever come in this shop again. And I haven't. In 21 years.

I had similar in a chip shop recently. I like my copy meals in a box as they don't go soggy like wrapped in paper. If seen the big pile of boxes ready for use so thought I'd go in there. £1.60 for chips. But asked if I wanted it wrapped, I said I'll have it in a box please.
That'll be £1.80 please.
Sorry I thought it was £1.60.

Yes, we charge 20p fire a box.

I said, "that's a joke right?"

"no"

Ok, bye.

Shame as they do good food by reputation.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Npower, for forcing me to take them to court over a £2000 bill, because their meter reader could not read. Even on the date of the court case they still would not believe that I could not have spent £2000 in a month and still would not look at the meter to see that their reader had written down the wrong digit.
British Airways - for leaving me stranded twice in a month.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Blimey. If I lump all these together there aren't many places left to use :blush:.
TBH I cant think of anywhere like that.
One general rule I have.........when I take out eg car insurance I tell them "do not automatically renew it". If, 12 months later, I get an email saying "we will automatically renew on x date" I phone them, ask is this being recorded, then explain I will not be using them again because they did that.

Oh aye, that's a good point. I won t use Facebook, Twit ter, Whatsnap, or any of that malarkey.
Twitter's not so bad in small doses so long as you follow a good crowd and get rid of those who signal-boost the bad. There's a good lad on there who retweets cycle hatred to encourage a pile-on but seeing daft wee boys saying they're going to murder cyclists in their Ford Fiesta is bad for the soul.

I used to boycott Twix despite my love for the evil twins. What put me off was an add they ran showing dorky looser on a bike compared to twix munching cool guy in a car who gets the hottie girl.
I didnt stop buying twix because I had got really good at spotting the free twix offer inside the wrapper so had a summer of free twix until the boycott kicked in

MikeG

Guru
.........But... Are you paying your taxes and shouldn't you be paying more?.........

I'm sorry..........what? Seriously, are you asking me if I pay my taxes? Have you thought this through?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The Co-op. Horrible shop that rips customers off with overpriced, tasteless food past it's sell by date and workers that don't. 2 tills open, 20 customers, and workers standing around talking to each other and ignoring customers, to the point where some just leave bskets on the floor and walk out.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Co-op. Horrible shop that rips customers off with overpriced, tasteless food past it's sell by date and workers that don't. 2 tills open, 20 customers, and workers standing around talking to each other and ignoring customers, to the point where some just leave bskets on the floor and walk out.

All vastly different from my local Co-Op

Mile195

Veteran
+1 for the AA. I never gave them my phone number, but I forgot to withold it one day when I called about an insurance policy. They took it without asking and after that I got a phone call every day for a year trying to sell me more insurance. Numerous complaints online about the same thing. Shame they saw fit to sully what was once a very good and trustworthy brand with aggressive marketing.
Had words with them on two occasions about unwanted automatic policy renewal too. Bunch of cowboys.

Smudge

Veteran
Triumph Motorcycles....... For their crap after sales, where they will look for any excuse possible not to have to honour warranty work when its needed.
Got bitten once with one of their new bikes..... they wont get the opportunity to get my business again.

Top Bottom