Any company you refuse to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Periodically someone from the SAS camps out on it for a few months to reassert British sovereignty claims.

It's like the Falklands. I do wish the Argies would stop wittering on - after all, our Royal Marines stole them fair and square in 1815.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Added to which the Falklands self-identify as British.

DRHysted

Guru
You can understand why the Argentine people find it hard to accept when the area is about 8000miles from the UK. "Might is right" and all that.

You are aware that the British were there 5 years before the Spanish (Argentinians). The French have more claim as they arrived before us (1 year). Previously it was uninhabited and unclaimed.

I was gonna say they have new stock now, but if you're not going in there anymore...

I like to get the club card points but when Pound land are selling the same item for a quid.....

Drago

Legendary Member
You can understand why the Argentine people find it hard to accept when the area is about 8000miles from the UK. "Might is right" and all that.

By that argument the UK owns all of Europe, as it's closer to our shores that anyone elses. I also own my neighbors Aston Martin when he's up the pub, by virtue of being closer to it than him. I'm liking that idea!

Added to which the Falklands self-identify as British.
Ah yes, cultural identity has always been an effective defense against forcible annexation.

Admittedly, the Falklands were British before Argentina even existed. The Argentine claim is entirely spurious and it's usually weak leaders who trot it out to bolster their flagging support. Not that a spurious claim has ever stopped anyone in the entirety of history.

By that argument the UK owns all of Europe, as it's closer to our shores that anyone elses. I also own my neighbors Aston Martin when he's up the pub, by virtue of being closer to it than him. I'm liking that idea!
Great idea, clearly it is time for me to annex my neighbour's hot tub

I'll never use Aviva, or Norwich Union Direct as they were called when one of their clients rammed my stationary car in a car park.
Direct Line authorised and sorted the repair and the courtesy car within hours. Norwich paid up 18 months later.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ah yes, cultural identity has always been an effective defense against forcible annexation.

Admittedly, the Falklands were British before Argentina even existed. The Argentine claim is entirely spurious and it's usually weak leaders who trot it out to bolster their flagging support. Not that a spurious claim has ever stopped anyone in the entirety of history.

It's so British that the residents there never entitled to a British passport. That is until just before the vote on self-determination of course, at which time all residents were miraculously deemed entitled

Top Bottom