Any company you refuse to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was in Sainsburys years ago and a cleaner was buffering the floor. No signs up so I never noticed and slipped on my backside sending my basket of shopping all over the place.

No one came to my aid or offered to help and when I went to complain the employee at customer relations clearly couldn't give a toss. The eventually called over the security guard who rather than trying to calm me down (was annoyed not angry) was squaring up to me offering a fight. Crazy.

So since then I have never shopped in their stores or their petrol stations. I used to have a Sainsburys local in walking distance from my house but would bypass it to go to the Asda out of principle :-)

Anyone else have anything similar?

Sainsburrys are calling for another vote on the EU in or out. Ignoring democracy, so another reason to boycot them.

I won`t use any company that uses rip off 0844 0845 etc numbers. Would rather pay bit more for the item to a different retailer on principal.

Isn’t that how this argument has gone for the past few years?
Yes, very probably.

The vote exposed fractures in British society which many, including I fear a fair few on here, should have paid attention to before.

Personally I find the ongoing attempts to introduce brexit gripes into threads/subjects that have nowt to do with it enlightening/depressing.

Somewhere on here there is very probably a thread on favourite flavours of crisps which some have tried to shoehorn a brexit gripe into.

Though I do hope we can all agree that Boris, in his various guises, including his long long period as the jokester favourite of smug cynical middle class types who gave not a sod for anyone beyond their own little world, should be burned.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, very probably.

The vote exposed fractures in British society which many, including I fear a fair few on here, should have paid attention to before.

Personally I find the ongoing attempts to introduce brexit gripes into threads/subjects that have nowt to do with it enlightening/depressing.

Somewhere on here there is very probably a thread on favourite flavours of crisps which some have tried to shoehorn a brexit gripe into.

Though I do hope we can all agree that Boris, in his various guises, including his long long period as the jokester favourite of smug cynical middle class types who gave not a sod for anyone beyond their own little world, should be burned.
Bonfire night has gone this year.

I'm really not a fan of burning, instead we should view it as an opportunity to revisit the brave seafaring British spirit and establish a colony on Rockall.
Particularly if we provide certain individuals (including Messrs Johnson, Farage, Gove, Rees-Mogg and Banks) with a one-way ticket to the new Great British Guano Mining Colony. (Working title, we can rename it to New Falklands after the Islas Malvinas get annexed in 2020)

He has always been a twat.
Long before Brexit.
When, I am pretty sure, he was applauded/merilly guffawed at/with by many who now slag off "the proles" for Brexit.
I remember years ago on HIGNFY Paul Merton said of Johnson who was still in full on jolly japes um, er, sorry bumbling buffoon mode and hadn't yet let the mask hiding his awfulness slip:
"It's just a disaster, isn't it? He's going to go off and do something surprising and extraordinary, and people are going to go: "Oh no, he's a f***ing idiot." "

Top Bottom