Any computer Boffins?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a turbo trainer set up with garmin fit on my samsung S5, using a Garmin heart rate monitor and a garmin speed/cadence sensor. is there any way that i can display heart rate and cadence onto the computer?

also has anyone else found that Strava doesn't recognise garmin ant+ even though they advertise the garmin heart rate monitor in their store?????

Im beginning to think that im going mad I have googled this and got so many contradicting stories you dont even get definitive answers from the manufacturers websites.

Incidentally the reason I got garmin bits was because I have the Garmin edge touring gps which was on offer only to find out after that it dont accept hrm and cadence you need the Garmin edge touring plus gps, at some point ill upgrade the edge but at the moment it does everything I need when im out and about, i just want the other bits for my turbo setup, phew didnt mean to waffle quite so much sorry.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I have a turbo trainer set up with garmin fit on my samsung S5, using a Garmin heart rate monitor and a garmin speed/cadence sensor. is there any way that i can display heart rate and cadence onto the computer?
Install the "Ant+ radio service" from Play store if the S5 supports ANT+. Otherwise no

also has anyone else found that Strava doesn't recognise garmin ant+ even though they advertise the garmin heart rate monitor in their store?????
Strava doesn't support ANT+ device pairing, only Bluetooth

Incidentally the reason I got garmin bits was because I have the Garmin edge touring gps which was on offer only to find out after that it dont accept hrm and cadence you need the Garmin edge touring plus gps, at some point ill upgrade the edge but at the moment it does everything I need when im out and about, i just want the other bits for my turbo setup, phew didnt mean to waffle quite so much sorry.
Oops!

OP
OP
Nick Numpty

Nick Numpty

Regular
Pass on computer being compatible, Im assuming not as nothing else has been easy lol the S5 runs fine with the hrm and speed/cadence sensor, also endomondo runs fine with the hrm and cadence its just strava that doesn't but I can live with that providing I dont use garmin connect to transfer the file to strava I have to manually download it as a .tcx file or strava doesn't recognise it. What I wondered was wether it can be displayed onto the computer Im guessing that i can buy some sort of dongle to recieve the ant+ but what program would I use to display it? or is there an app to take whats on the phone to display on the computer? Its just me being lazy with the laptop setup to show whichever training vid i want to use I currently have the phone off to one side displaying cadence and heart rate I'd just like to neaten up things a tad. sorry if im being dense.

OP
OP
Nick Numpty

Nick Numpty

Regular
Its a hp pavilion g series laptop, im thinking that maybe Id have to use my nexus tablet rather than the laptop its just i wanted a bigger screen, I was wondering if there is some software available that would take the ant+ data and display it on the laptop maybe im just overthinking things.

AirDroid might work by showing your S5 screen on the laptop screen.

OP
OP
Nick Numpty

Nick Numpty

Regular
what an awesome idea unfortunately have just downloaded Airdroid to both my phone and laptop and it works to a certain extent but it wont show the screen on the laptop due to not being able to get root permissions from the phone bugger thanks anyway lol.

Top Bottom