Any demand for a cycle camping subthread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Anything wrong with the touring subforum or even travelogues?

classic33

Leg End Member
Have a look at the no of posts on camping, that will tell you how popular camping is on here.
There's always been a fair few asking for sites, tents and other equipment.
Generally someone will have used what you are looking at using, and are able to help.

OP
OP
Petrichorwheels

Petrichorwheels

Have a look at the no of posts on camping, that will tell you how popular camping is on here.

you mean there's a lot?
if so where?
or very few?
if that well maybe could be because there seems to be nowhere to ask questions about general camping stuff - ie not linked to a specific ride.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
you mean there's a lot?
if so where?
or very few?
if that well maybe could be because there seems to be nowhere to ask questions about general camping stuff - ie not linked to a specific ride.
Looking through the pages of the touring and adventure sub section, there are a couple of the threads that stand out, like "What have you bought for the tent today", where folk have discussed and shown various bits of camping gear. It's certainly a place for more than just discussing routes and is probably the first place I'd post if I had a camping question.

OP
OP
Petrichorwheels

Petrichorwheels

If @HobbesOnTour managed to cycle/camp half way through the earth before Corona stopped him for a bit, and managed to report about it every day on here, I feel we're good on the subfora front ^_^

well from my reading/scanning of it that was a tour/ride report (a fine one for sure) - not a general discussion area - in fact mr hobbes asked for there to be no discussion on the tour thread.
(was probably afraid of "boring" gear questions :smile: )

OP
OP
Petrichorwheels

Petrichorwheels

@Petrichorwheels if you want to discuss camping, gear, etc, you could open a camping thread in the hobbies section.
Meantime, I'll tag @Shaun the forum's owner, so he's aware of your request.

ta pat
tho "hobbies" sounds a tad fringe/nerdy - kinda like collecting bolivian stamps/cheese labels.
as I said I think camping and cycling are rather more closely related.
I'd see it as as a subset of cycle-touring etc.

Top Bottom