Any Doctor's On Here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Location
Alnwick
Do you get a course for that scribbly writing or does it come naturally?:whistle:

I've just visited the doc's for the first time in a long time and got a 'prescription' for blood tests. I'd seen the normal UK docs bad writing before, but as my doctor is now French AND left-handed............ You ain't seen nothing like this. Amazingly the girl in the blood clinic had no problems reading it, maybe she's been on the course as well^_^
 
It is ilegible so that if you ever get sued then no-one can disprove what you claim to have written
 

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Location
West Somerset
It took 3 members of staff at the local pharmacy to decipher the scrawl on my last prescription. I got it following an outpatient's appointment - I think the introduction of printed prescriptions has been a boon to the poor people who have to give out the correct medication but means they're out of practice when it comes to The Scrawl.
 

ScotiaLass

Legendary Member
Location
Middle Earth
I was a nurse for almost 20 years and have seen some really un-decipherable hand writing in my time!
The only time you really see it handwritten here now is a private prescription, or a prescription from the dentist.
The prescriptions have to be legible or the pharmacist can reject them.
 
You don't swallow them, they are suppositories:stop::eek:
That's it!
All French prescriptions involve a Holy Trinity of:
  1. Injections
  2. Pills
  3. Suppositories.
They don't feel cured without all 3.
 
Top Bottom