Any Doctor's On Here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Do you get a course for that scribbly writing or does it come naturally?:whistle:

I've just visited the doc's for the first time in a long time and got a 'prescription' for blood tests. I'd seen the normal UK docs bad writing before, but as my doctor is now French AND left-handed............ You ain't seen nothing like this. Amazingly the girl in the blood clinic had no problems reading it, maybe she's been on the course as well^_^

It is ilegible so that if you ever get sued then no-one can disprove what you claim to have written

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It took 3 members of staff at the local pharmacy to decipher the scrawl on my last prescription. I got it following an outpatient's appointment - I think the introduction of printed prescriptions has been a boon to the poor people who have to give out the correct medication but means they're out of practice when it comes to The Scrawl.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I was a nurse for almost 20 years and have seen some really un-decipherable hand writing in my time!
The only time you really see it handwritten here now is a private prescription, or a prescription from the dentist.
The prescriptions have to be legible or the pharmacist can reject them.

Candaules

You don't swallow them, they are suppositories:stop::eek:
That's it!
All French prescriptions involve a Holy Trinity of:
  1. Injections
  2. Pills
  3. Suppositories.
They don't feel cured without all 3.

Top Bottom