any ebay experts out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidwalton

Maz said:
what happens if the buyer initially likes the item, pays for it, then for some reason says he wants a refund and sends back a fake to the seller?

i dont like this escrow/nigeria bollox one bit....

got-to-get-fit...your avatar is grossing me out man!

As I said, read the site. They have all the answers for specific things. I can tell you that ESCROW is a well known means of protecting both sides of a transaction.

got-to-get-fit

Maz said:
what happens if the buyer initially likes the item, pays for it, then for some reason says he wants a refund and sends back a fake to the seller?

i dont like this escrow/nigeria bollox one bit....

got-to-get-fit...your avatar is grossing me out man!

To be honest its grossing me out a little too. I might go back to the hairy man, i used to like him. I just fancied the change and this one made me laugh at first.

davidwalton

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Totally agree. Paypal and UK addresses only, tell anyone else to take a hike and look out for anyone with less than 10 feedback.

So much trust in a company that steals money every day from others...Such faith is crazy. DO NOT TRUST PAYPAL.

There have been threads on this forum as to why, with clear examples given, including x-employees providing inside details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I really don't like the Escrow way of waiting for the buyer to inspect the item before deciding whether they want it or not.

I would stick with Paypal where the sellar gets the money first before releasing the item. Surely this is what e bay is all about and if the buyer does not like this payment system then tough luck, don't bid on it.

davidwalton

dangerousjules said:
why oh why is it so messy, all i wanna do is sell a watch not source a kidney!

It's messy because people think they can act in any way they want on the Internet, with no consequences.

Personally, for an expensive item, I would expect a face to face transaction of cash. Given all transaction costs, it would probably be the cheapest as well as the most secure means of doing the business.

4F

davidwalton said:
So much trust in a company that steals money every day from others...Such faith is crazy. DO NOT TRUST PAYPAL.

There have been threads on this forum as to why, with clear examples given, including x-employees providing inside details.

I can only speak as I have found. I have not had a problem with paypal on over 300 transactions as both a buyer and a seller.

To be honest I have had more problems with my bank "Abbey" than paypal !

OP
OP
D

dangerousjules

Veteran
oh one more thing...the 'buyer' has not bid on it he has by passed ebay completely and contacted me directly which i know is against ebay rules...is'nt it?

4F

davidwalton said:
It's messy because people think they can act in any way they want on the Internet, with no consequences.

Personally, for an expensive item, I would expect a face to face transaction of cash. Given all transaction costs, it would probably be the cheapest as well as the most secure means of doing the business.

Unless he gets paid with a pile of dodgy £ 20 notes

domtyler

Über Member
DJ, take some advice mate and delete the persons bid and all correspondence. Forget about them.

You are better off not selling the item than losing two grand.

4F

dangerousjules said:
oh one more thing...the 'buyer' has not bid on it he has by passed ebay completely and contacted me directly which i know is against ebay rules...is'nt it?

It is but there are many people who do this. As you said in your first post if it sounds dodgy then it probably is so go with your gut instinct. Tell them to do one.....

4F

davidwalton said:
So, in that case you can't accept any payment method. All have some risk, including cash.

Yes all have a degree of risk. IMHO when I get notification from paypal that the money is in my account then I am happy with that.

Top Bottom