Any entomologists here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just got back from a ride, and this thing landed on me. Does anyone know what it is?

9A58F99E-8655-4FF6-BEE3-9C2CBB84AD9D.jpeg

5ACECA56-EBA0-4538-B6B8-B424C0E2BCE8.jpeg

It’s a funny looking flying thing, a bit like a bee, but much smaller, and with strange coloured wings, that don’t stop flapping, even when it lands. I reckon it’s an illegal immigrant, it’s here to take our jobs, or maybe an alien of some description.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
It’s a moth wearing a furry gilet! :smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
It is an ugly looking thing whatever it is. ^_^
You should hear what it said about you. :biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Hello daddy beefly dear.You have been out a long time.Yes Wife beefly dear.You will not believe the day i have had.There i was on this beautiful day ,resting on a leaf in that wonderful country lane where we met,do you remember that night.Anyway along came one of those tractor things,what a draft it caused,it dragged me off the leaf and up into the air.Well next thing i know i am stuck on the jersey of one of those funny things with two wheels and a wheezy human being.Well i can't get off i'm stuck,and this human thing has taken me for miles and miles .He then stops,sees me and freaks out,screams,gets a glass and traps me in it.Then he takes a photo of me,while i am gasping for breath,it was hot inside that jam jar.Anyway the human let me out of the kitchen window,i fell into the grass and i needed ten mins to come round.It took me ages to fly back.

Top Bottom