Any experts on car tyres here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Round and black, front and back.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3484131, member: 9609"]thats an interesting stat, I wouldn't of thought 1% of car journeys would be more than 50 miles from home. so are bigger journeys more dangerous per capita (doubt capita is the right word) [/QUOTE]

Good point, I have not a clue, but I would have hoped most were more than 1 mile.

Levo-Lon

Guru
^^ think that maxi was a Austin 1100 but I found old cars fun in a scary way.

john cleese thrashed one in faulty towers..lol

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 3484152, member: 259"]Cross-ply or radial my arse. That was how Maxis always approached any bend at more than 5mph.

It was like driving the sofa from the Royle Family.[/QUOTE]
The video shows an Austin 1100 (BDO16) not aMaxi

Contemporary tests of the Maxi were complimentary with regard to the handling.

End pedant mode.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Michelin energy for my missus car. Moved to them after the original Bridgestones needed replacing. On our third set of Michelins now.

All for 4 tyres of same make. The car is more predictable.

Drago

Legendary Member
Contemporary tests of the Maxi were complimentary with regard to the handling.
That's only because none of the testers could actually get them to move because of that godwaful cable gearchange that made a Land Rover Series II gearbox feel like sliding the bolt on a match grade rifle.

screenman

Legendary Member
That's only because none of the testers could actually get them to move because of that godwaful cable gearchange that made a Land Rover Series II gearbox feel like sliding the bolt on a match grade rifle.

They were not that bad, well not all of them.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I get mine in Peckham, usually. Little Johnnie's Tyre and Re-treading Emporium

Tyre_shop_worker2.jpg

At the very least try and match each axle.
I'd go with that too
Don't forget if you replace your own, that's the extremely sensible (& indeed SAFE) way to go with brake & suspension replacement too - you don't want any variables laterally with braking

Which reminds me, the 33" muds on my truck are getting a bit worn. I think they're down to about 15mm tread.

What have you got on it??
BF Goodrich M/T
Insa Turbo (or similar, to the old 'Super Swamper')

Etc....

My last Landie had Grabber A/Ts

Top Bottom