Any Forme owners here? Post 'em!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Lugano are a good budget tyre they should see you through to the summer ok,oh and nice bike :thumbsup:

I'll change them later to GP 4 seasons, but they'll do for now.

Lovely. Very clean lines!

And thanks both of you.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just a quick snap of the new bike. Will try and get better ones at some point.

Already hit a slight snag in that the bolts that come with sks mudguards are slightly too small in diameter to attach the guard to the front fork. Have emailed Forme to ask if they can supply one or give me the size so that I can buy one somewhere.

IMG_0345_zps0b14414b.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Oh, and it's Kenda Kontender Lite's that are fitted. Don't look very sturdy so think will definitely order something a bit more heavy duty. Thinking maybe the Schwalbe Durano Plus.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Just a quick snap of the new bike. Will try and get better ones at some point.

Already hit a slight snag in that the bolts that come with sks mudguards are slightly too small in diameter to attach the guard to the front fork. Have emailed Forme to ask if they can supply one or give me the size so that I can buy one somewhere.

IMG_0345_zps0b14414b.jpg

Sweet! :thumbsup: Is that Tiagra on there, and are the Mavic wheels Standard?

On the note of tyres, good choice, I'm getting some Durano Plus too.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Sweet! :thumbsup: Is that Tiagra on there, and are the Mavic wheels Standard?

On the note of tyres, good choice, I'm getting some Durano Plus too.

Yes. 10 speed Tiagra with microshifters which I haven't had before. Yes standard wheels. Looks like the mudguards will be a very neat fit if I can just get the correct size bolt to fit the fork crown.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Yes. 10 speed Tiagra with microshifters which I haven't had before. Yes standard wheels. Looks like the mudguards will be a very neat fit if I can just get the correct size bolt to fit the fork crown.

Microshift are quite decent shifters, no problems with the 10 speed, but I heard the 9 speed can be poor.

I have a blog post on my local site, on MS, overall, they're quite decent. I had relabelled Arsis shifters from my friend in the U.S, can't fault them at all.

I'm assuming the same issue will be with mudgaurds on mine too, so thanks for the heads up!

Have you taken it for a test ride?

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
No, blowing a real gale here this afternoon. Just ordered a couple of Durano Plus though :smile: Managed to get two for £43.90 from a place called Cycling Excellence. Cheapest I could find at the moment.

Same this end lol. Hopefully the wind will die down soon. I'm ordering mine through my LBS, so not as cheap as that unfortunately.

Here's mine with a couple of changes.

It's a Forme Reflex. Had to change the wheels after the back locked up at speed and totaled itself (The one23 hubs need stripping and checking a lot! Be warned!) So replaced them with a set of Giant PSL1's.
Also replaced the bars,seat,stem and seat post.
Seat is a Selle Italia Thoork which is really nice and comfy.
Seat post and stem are offerings from 3T
Finally the bars are a set of FSA omega compacts.

Cheers!

9dfa36d1-509f-4361-9fbf-6c5eeca63beb.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Here's mine with a couple of changes.

It's a Forme Reflex. Had to change the wheels after the back locked up at speed and totaled itself (The one23 hubs need stripping and checking a lot! Be warned!) So replaced them with a set of Giant PSL1's.
Also replaced the bars,seat,stem and seat post.
Seat is a Selle Italia Thoork which is really nice and comfy.
Seat post and stem are offerings from 3T
Finally the bars are a set of FSA omega compacts.

Cheers!

9dfa36d1-509f-4361-9fbf-6c5eeca63beb.jpg
Very nice. I thought when I read the blurb about my Longcliffe it said they were sealed hubs so I didn't think they needed much maintenance.

The bearings are ok, it's the freehub at the back! (Sorry I should have made that clear). I might have just had a one off probem but the pawls had seized on mine causing the bike to become a fixie, going down hill at 37mph :sad: To be honest the wheelset I found to be a bit rubbish,Though I did keep the anodised quick releases). I had some issues with Formes customer service as well (who are not very good when it comes to keeping customers happy) to the point where I got the feeling it was a case of "Hey you only paid £1400 for the bike what do you expect from the wheels". Everything else about the bike is nice though.

Comfortable and good to ride, the 105 groupset does a nice job and I like the understated graphics. Would I buy Forme again though? I don't know as my little adventure with them after things went wrong left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The bearings are ok, it's the freehub at the back! (Sorry I should have made that clear). I might have just had a one off probem but the pawls had seized on mine causing the bike to become a fixie, going down hill at 37mph :sad: To be honest the wheelset I found to be a bit rubbish,Though I did keep the anodised quick releases). I had some issues with Formes customer service as well (Adam Biggs is not very good when it comes to keeping customers happy) to the point where I got the feeling it was a case of "Hey you only paid £1400 for the bike what do you expect from the wheels". Everything else about the bike is nice though.

Comfortable and good to ride, the 105 groupset does a nice job and I like the understated graphics. Would I buy Forme again though? I don't know as my little adventure with them after things went wrong left a very bitter taste in my mouth.
Mine came with Mavic CXP22,s which I don't think are too bad. I'm a bit like you. I quite like the bike and have already put nearly 1000 miles on it, but I am still not sure if I would buy another. Can't help feeling that they are not quite as well finished as some bikes.

Top Bottom