Any Forme owners here? Post 'em!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is my first road bike (I was a mountain biker in my younger days :biggrin: ) so I ahve nothing to compare it to. It waas the only one in my Local Bike shop (Everything else was "Giant and Felt" ) and with it been full carbon and about £600 cheaper than any other carbon bike they had with the same groupset I jumped in!
I could have got a "flashier" looking bike for a few more hundred quid there is no doubt :biggrin: but at the moment I prefer to ride mine and the extra cash will go to wards some summer wheels instead!

stumpy66

Veteran
Here's mine with a couple of changes.

It's a Forme Reflex. Had to change the wheels after the back locked up at speed and totaled itself (The one23 hubs need stripping and checking a lot! Be warned!) So replaced them with a set of Giant PSL1's.
Also replaced the bars,seat,stem and seat post.
Seat is a Selle Italia Thoork which is really nice and comfy.
Seat post and stem are offerings from 3T
Finally the bars are a set of FSA omega compacts.

Cheers!

9dfa36d1-509f-4361-9fbf-6c5eeca63beb.jpg
Any probs with the giant wheels, mine kept snapping spokes, a combo of low spoke count and nearly 14stonewasnt a good mix

Any probs with the giant wheels, mine kept snapping spokes, a combo of low spoke count and nearly 14stonewasnt a good mix

I was worried about this too Stumpy! I asked the bike shop about weight limits of the wheels etc they said they would be fine but just to be more careful with the front end with it being radially spoked? I'm also a 14 stone bruiser but up to now I've had no problems. The DT spokes seem to be really heavy gauge, don't know if the wheels have changed from when you bought them mate? If I do have any problems I'll keep the thread updated ? or start a new one but they seem to hold up well to the few pot holes and sink tops I've hit.

stumpy66

Veteran
I was worried about this too Stumpy! I asked the bike shop about weight limits of the wheels etc they said they would be fine but just to be more careful with the front end with it being radially spoked? I'm also a 14 stone bruiser but up to now I've had no problems. The DT spokes seem to be really heavy gauge, don't know if the wheels have changed from when you bought them mate? If I do have any problems I'll keep the thread updated ? or start a new one but they seem to hold up well to the few pot holes and sink tops I've hit.
I had them about a year ago, but sold them within a month, giant replaced the wheels but i didnt want to risk more broken spokens so sold thme on ebay and bought some hand made mavic open pro wheels 32 hole. Lost 1.5stone and then early this year went for some pro lite braccianos, so far so good.

Well these are going to be my winter wheels in the end as I'm hopefully getting some ksyrium elites with the wheel replacement garentee. The giant wheels are nice for the money and far superior than the ones that came with the bike originally. Well done on the weight loss by the way! :smile:

Top Bottom