Profpointy
Legendary Member
I used to tech in a room with one massive square table
I complained that the kids in a class just couldn;t fir round it and most of them were facing the wrong direction
so they got me some proper tables and chairs
and got some local firm to remove it
they spent a whole day trying to work out how to remove it because it was a nice old table (but big) and could be worth something
but had to chop it up in the end
I did ask around about how it got there
but even the Head - who had been there as a trainee Nun (yes - I know) right up to Head and it had just always been there and the doors and windows had always been that size
There's a Douglas Adams story where the protagonist realises someone must have used a time machine to do something similar. Can't remember now if it's Dirk Gently or the script for unfilmed Doctor Who story Shada