Any idea what this bike could be

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The joints in the first picture look "dry", wether it's down to the paintwork or not I can't say.

Any marks on the bottom bracket, at the rear, between the two tubes?
Only that frame number, pictured earlier, as far as I can see. I will get him to look when he gets home tomorrow. It's in the back of his car as it's a long weekend so he is taking the bike home.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only that frame number, pictured earlier, as far as I can see. I will get him to look when he gets home tomorrow. It's in the back of his car as it's a long weekend so he is taking the bike home.
Give a call, he'll not mind!

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Holy Thread Revival.

A chap that I was chatting with, in my LBS, suggested that the bike might be a 1977 Holdsworth. LBS chap is a Holdsworth nut. I forgot about the oval tube bit though.
Does anyone know if Holdsworth made bikes, back in the 70s, with an ovalled tube at all?
Having suggested to bike buddy that it might be a Holdsworth he was all "prove it. prove it's a holdsworth". I am thinking 'you ungrateful get, prove it yourself' but said that I'd ask on here because I am a nice person.
Suggested that he emailed Planet X and asked them. I gave him the correct link.

classic33

Leg End Member
Holy Thread Revival.

A chap that I was chatting with, in my LBS, suggested that the bike might be a 1977 Holdsworth. LBS chap is a Holdsworth nut. I forgot about the oval tube bit though.
Does anyone know if Holdsworth made bikes, back in the 70s, with an ovalled tube at all?
Having suggested to bike buddy that it might be a Holdsworth he was all "prove it. prove it's a holdsworth". I am thinking 'you ungrateful get, prove it yourself' but said that I'd ask on here because I am a nice person.
Suggested that he emailed Planet X and asked them. I gave him the correct link.
Forget Planet X, go direct.

Top Bottom