Any ideas how to refill Sarsons vinegar bottle (see photo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Heat up water in the container as described previously, but this time, don't jam up the hole whilst doing it. When the water is boiling, remove from the microwave, insert a match in the hole, and stand the container in a bucket of ice water. Once equilibrium has been restored, refill with vinegar. You'll need to find yourself a cork.

MikeG

Guru
Bung up the hole with a match, as previously. Don diving kit, and descend a couple of hundred feet into a large body of water. Surface. Refill with vinegar. You'll need to find a cork.

classic33

Leg End Member
That sounds like a "getout" to me. If you come up with a suggestion you should at least give scientific data and specific details.
And why no mention of the bottle size. All calculations would have to be based on that.

D

Deleted member 26715

Could you also not put the vinegar in a bowl, heat up the empty bottle then invert the empty bottle into the vinegar as it cools it will draw the vinegar back into the bottle

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Could you also not put the vinegar in a bowl, heat up the empty bottle then invert the empty bottle into the vinegar as it cools it will draw the vinegar back into the bottle
Now I do like that......sort of:headshake:
If all the other wonderful ideas fail I will try it.

MikeG

Guru
Tip some bicarbonate of soda into the hole. Get as much in as you can be bothered with. Take a syringe, and squirt some vinegar in, then quickly block the hole with your thumb. Rinse and refill with vinegar.

Top Bottom