Any ideas how to refill Sarsons vinegar bottle (see photo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
You'll obviously need to keep your thumb over the hole at enough pressure to keep the contents from squirting out, but at not too high a pressure as to keep the "cork" in the bottle, so to speak. This may need practise.

classic33

Leg End Member
Right got it. Yes got it.
If I survive the flame thrower and microwave ideas I may go that route.
BTW do you have SCUBA gear I can borrow ?
Go up, not down. No need to worry about the "bends".

Take a bike and set a strava KOM that'll never be beat.

classic33

Leg End Member
You'll obviously need to keep your thumb over the hole at enough pressure to keep the contents from squirting out, but at not too high a pressure as to keep the "cork" in the bottle, so to speak. This may need practise.
Two attempts maximum.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Honestly the fork and lever it out works although I use it for a different purpose, the vinegar I buy is the real cheap stuff that often comes without a bung so I have to nick the one out of the empty to insert in the cheapo bottle.

MikeG

Guru
Invert the bottle with its stopper in liquid nitrogen. After a few minutes, remove. If the stopper doesn't just drop out, give it a tap with a suitable hammer and punch. Allow to return to room temperature before refilling with vinegar.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Honestly the fork and lever it out works although I use it for a different purpose, the vinegar I buy is the real cheap stuff that often comes without a bung so I have to nick the one out of the empty to insert in the cheapo bottle.
Dont feel insulted but I now feel the fork method is just too simple. The ones that might destroy my house (and probably my marriage) are just so much more challenging :shy:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Invert the bottle with its stopper in liquid nitrogen. After a few minutes, remove. If the stopper doesn't just drop out, give it a tap with a suitable hammer and punch. Allow to return to room temperature before refilling with vinegar.
Tell me Mike.... are you really a world famouse scientist in disguise :rolleyes:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Have you got a Waiter's Friend corkscrew? That would do the job if you screwed the corkscrew into the hole.

Top Bottom