Any ideas how to refill Sarsons vinegar bottle (see photo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It's an insert not a stopper, surely?

It's stopping him refilling the bottle.

alicat

Legendary Member
Tsk, education standards in Cheshire are slipping.

284mm is 0.284m or 11.18". 284ml is 0.284L or 0.49977 pints. Which are we dealing with?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I am but a lowly secondry modern edumacated duffer. Please explain the difference.
Insert:
threaded_tube_insert_round_by_thread.jpg

Stopper:
640px-NS_1729%3B_Station_Bunnik.jpg

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Tsk, education standards in Cheshire are slipping.

284mm is 0.284m or 11.18". 284ml is 0.284L or 0.49977 pints. Which are we dealing with?
As you meantion Cheshire I assume you mean me as Cheshire would not have accepted @classic33 .
I did catagorically state that it was the contents.
Anyway I wasnt educated in Cheshire. I was dragged up on Merseyside (thats Mirsyside to yous lot) and emigrated to Cheshire when I married Mrs D.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
And why would I have a but plug in my vinager bottle.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Seven pages of twaddle.
Great twaddle, fair enough, but still twaddle.
I've just tried attaching my workshop compressor to the bung of a vinegar bottle, and succeeded in blowing the bottle twenty feet into the yard. i used a screw and some epoxy i already had mixed for another job. i might give up cycling and take up this new hobby.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Seven pages of twaddle.
Great twaddle, fair enough, but still twaddle.
I've just tried attaching my workshop compressor to the bung of a vinegar bottle, and succeeded in blowing the bottle twenty feet into the yard. i used a screw and some epoxy i already had mixed for another job. i might give up cycling and take up this new hobby.
And you say the 7 pages were twaddle ^_^. You need to get real. Anyone on here can carry a bottle of Sarsons vinegar up Everest or 50 mtrs under water. How many people have access to a compressor I ask. Harumph I say.

Top Bottom