Any ideas on this workstand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gez73

Veteran
Recently inherited this from the father in law who cycled lots way back. Was unsure of its usefulness esp. since I have a Parktool stand. Thought I'd throw one of the bikes on it just to see and was pleasantly surprised to find it is quite handy. Never used a crank support stand before. Two arms to hold the front wheel and clamps the downtube. Also a threaded T shaped item that sits nicely behind the crank securing the bike. No markings whatsoever so just curious as to provenance before I ask himself. Gez
DSC_0246.JPG
DSC_0241.JPG

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I had a similar one for years and I liked it. I only stopped using it because tubes became fatter and the down tube clamp was then too small. With the bottom bracket supported you can apply more force than with just the top tube or seatpost clamp.

robgul

Legendary Member
If you have a Park stand put this one on ebay! Supporting the BB is pretty unstable, especially if you have anything that requires some effort to undo.tighten.

Rob

OP
OP
Gez73

Gez73

Veteran
Probably not worth posting and to be honest I wouldn't want to use it on the better bikes, still interesting and built to last it appears. Gez

OP
OP
Gez73

Gez73

Veteran
I had a similar one for years and I liked it. I only stopped using it because tubes became fatter and the down tube clamp was then too small. With the bottom bracket supported you can apply more force than with just the top tube or seatpost clamp.
I had a bottle cage in the way but the downtube clamp has plenty of range so can use it on the Dew Drop. Thanks for the reply. Gez

Top Bottom