Any Jeremy Clarkson fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

Too right. He just isn't remotely funny. The only people I know who actually find him humorous are boring dickheads themselves. I don't watch Top Gear for the same reason I don't watch X Factor. It's shite. It's insulting. It's boring.

I think most of his viewers are still at school. There's nothing wrong with that.

I once car-shared with a Top Gear devotee at my office. It was all a little odd..... Those drives just flew by.

I do like cars a lot, but I never enjoyed that car share.

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
I like Clarkson, he makes me laugh. Why do so many people take him so seriously.

Amazed that some po faced trade unionists are making so much fuss. There are far more important things going on than a Clarkson joke.

Jezston

Über Member
Yes I'm a fan of his, clever guy, sharp witted and very entertaining.

Shame some humourless folk can't quite spot he's er joking..

Bernard Manning was 'just joking', and the Black & White Minstrel Show was 'just a bit of fun'. Shall we bring back their ilk?

Oh and anyone silly enough to ride on the road deserves to have the piss taken..

What.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
He is an arse. His quip about trains having to stop at Reading because someone else has died under a train, why do they stop the train? This was a bit insulting to relatives of people who have done this.( By the way, it is so the driver can report hitting something/someone on the track, and to pick the bits up)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It seems to me that it's irrelevant whether he means the anti-cycling rants he comes out with.
The fact is, there is a large chunk of knuckle-dragging mouth breathers who lap this stuff up. They'll be taking it completely seriously, and going "You're so right Jezza". And next time they get behind the wheel, at the back of their mind they'll remember Clarkson's tirade against cyclists, and be that little bit more dangerous around them. And that's why he should stop it.

However, his latest one about the strikers has been taken completely out of context and blown out of proprtion. I never trust headlines in isolation, so I watched the clip. He first said something broadly supportive of the strikes, and then said something like "But as this is the BBC, we need balance" and then made his execute them comment. He was trying (badly) to make a point about BBC balance and impartiality, and I don't see how anyone who saw it would think otherwise.

But I don't like him at all.

OP
OP
SandraP

SandraP

It seems to me that it's irrelevant whether he means the anti-cycling rants he comes out with.
The fact is, there is a large chunk of knuckle-dragging mouth breathers who lap this stuff up. They'll be taking it completely seriously, and going "You're so right Jezza". And next time they get behind the wheel, at the back of their mind they'll remember Clarkson's tirade against cyclists, and be that little bit more dangerous around them. And that's why he should stop it.

However, his latest one about the strikers has been taken completely out of context and blown out of proprtion. I never trust headlines in isolation, so I watched the clip. He first said something broadly supportive of the strikes, and then said something like "But as this is the BBC, we need balance" and then made his execute them comment. He was trying (badly) to make a point about BBC balance and impartiality, and I don't see how anyone who saw it would think otherwise.

But I don't like him at all.
Totally agree.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Too right. He just isn't remotely funny. The only people I know who actually find him humorous are boring dickheads themselves. I don't watch Top Gear for the same reason I don't watch X Factor. It's shite. It's insulting. It's boring.
c'mon Uncle Mort, get off the fence here!!!!

Top Bottom