Any members of I Mech E here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Before we go too far down that track, wasn't there another august scientific body which recently had a massive bust-up?

Mr Celine

Discordian
I raise you with:
Engineers ask "how". Scientists ask "why".

The engineering graduate asks "how does it do that?"
The science graduate asks "why does it do that?"
The economics graduate asks "how much does it cost?"
The media studies graduate asks "do you want fries with that"?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yes, I'm a member. Despite being very much a status quo person (without the capitals), I voted for the no confidence motions.

There is a lot going on that we aren't being told about. As a passive member, I haven't heard about any rumours, and could only judge from what the two sides were saying, and basing my judgement on parallels with other such institutional bust-ups that I have been privy too. Someone has fallen out with the outgoing President, and has turned the Trustees against her. The accounts have been given a qualification by the auditors, and a company that the institute owned came up seriously short in an audit and subsequently went bust, leaving students out of pocket and with no qualifications.

The CEO was on Grand Designs recently. His house was built on a Fibonacci-series principal. Fascinating, but difficult to watch given that I had built up a certain prejudice about him that the program failed to budge.

However the IMechE has been going for a long time, and there are more good people in it than bad people - we're engineers after all, not accountants or lawyers. (sorry to accountants and lawyers on here). I hope it survives, and that those who are in the middle swallow their pride and realise there is something more important that will remain when they go. Which will be soon hopefully.

Salar

A fish out of water
However, the E&T magzine is quite good and some of the lectures are interesting.

I should really read my copies. :reading:
E&T.jpg

Top Bottom