Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mocha and muffin

• 500 penny chews

• Saved it for a rainy day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cee Jay

Start with Clear Spot then Safe as Milk. FWIW I don't get Trout Mask Replica at all despite literally dozens of listens!

When did 1974 get re-appraised? I thought they were christened Captain Beefheart and the Tragic Band? Must check this out...

Abitrary

Melvil said:
Come on Ab, don't be coy - where do your tastes lie? :blush::blush:

I'm pretty much into everything and anything. I am the biggest musical snob though.

I think MP3 has pretty much destroyed music for me, in that if a person I consider less cool than myself opens up his computer music drive for me to copy stuff, and I see stuff that *I* listen to, I'll stop listening to it because he does.

He probably just copied it off someone else anyway instead of going into HMV and humming it to the shop counter worker when he was 11.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
The dynamics of demand and availability of Beefheart back catalogue in Torquay High Street are telling you something, Chuffman!

I guarantee that, unless you are a pretentious buffoon, TMR will sit in your collection unlistened to, except once every five years or so, when you'll have to remind yourself why that's the case.

Unless you offload it, that is.....

Er.....'Not that interested in the good Cap'n per se'??? Your musical credentials are disappearing fast, Chuffington old boy. :tongue:

Melvil

Abitrary said:
I'm pretty much into everything and anything. I am the biggest musical snob though.

I think MP3 has pretty much destroyed music for me, in that if a person I consider less cool than myself opens up his computer music drive for me to copy stuff, and I see stuff that *I* listen to, I'll stop listening to it because he does.

He probably just copied it off someone else anyway instead of going into HMV and humming it to the shop counter worker when he was 11.

Amen to that, unfortunately.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
:smile:

Come on then. Let's have your critical appraisal of GD music!

The venerable FM tried and failed, so good luck. :tongue:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Foghat said:
:smile:

Come on then. Let's have your critical appraisal of GD music!

The venerable FM tried and failed, so good luck. :tongue:
I think I may have heard some once. Worthy but very, very dull.
I did once see a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac if that helps.

Abitrary

Good memories of the Grateful Dead from a holiday in New York, where at the end of every night the DJ in the local pub would play Casey Jones and everyone would get up on the tables and dance (and I did as well)

Top Bottom