Any newbies from St Helens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barrymanifold

Hi David I am from Eccleston go over to Southport quite often some times go through Burscough Rufford Tarlaton along the front and back through Hillside Ormskirk and down bypass about 55 flatish miles .Your more than welcome to tag along.

Nick Stone

I normally meet with a couple of people I ride with, we meet at the hotel on the dual carriage way by Haydock, then have done a few routes from there all to southport for breakfast and have ranged from 50 -72 and been flat, flatfish and bloody hard an hilly. Couple of good descents there as well.

Southport on a weekend morning for breakfast at macdonalds is great.....

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Hi David,

I'm from St. Helens too (Haydock) and do the Southport loop quite regularly. Its a nice ride but I try and avoid the east lancs as I find the cycle path is not that good from Haydock to Windle Island. There is a good part close to Moss Bank but it only lasts for half a mile, the rest is quite narrow and bumpy with the usual debris. If I don't use the east lancs I go through Garswood, Billinge then over Ashurst Beacon then to Burscough and cycle to Southport through Halsall, its a lovely ride and there is less traffic this way.
Hi mate, i know its an old thread but.... hasnt the cycle path on the lancs been widened?

Top Bottom