Any Numismatic's on here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Keep one of each design, in the best condition, and try and get a full set.
Yeah but that doesn't work, I've already lost £2 by the fact my wife has found that I have to coin in the first place, if I then decided to take it back to keep it would not be acceptable, as I would be told I was stealing from my grandchildren. This would then result in my having to pay £2 for my own £2 coin, so I'd be down £4.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yeah but that doesn't work, I've already lost £2 by the fact my wife has found that I have to coin in the first place, if I then decided to take it back to keep it would not be acceptable, as I would be told I was stealing from my grandchildren. This would then result in my having to pay £2 for my own £2 coin, so I'd be down £4.
Now TBF Mrs D has a system....... she snaffles them off me but replaces them with 2 x pound coins.
She has just this minute said "why am I still doing this"??......she started when the grand kids were young enough to get excited. Now, the oldest is at Uni and the middle one (aged 21) drives a '69 plate Merc :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
You're investing for them by keeping the best of each design. Once you have the complete set of 37, they'll be worth more

Levo-Lon

Guru

Ahh yes the logic of grandma.. You lose regardless

Jody

Stubborn git
We have a full collection of 50's apart from Kew gardens which we ended up buying a fake from China and also have an almost complete £2 collection with almost a full set of duplicates.

They haven't cost us anything and it's just a bit of fun.

The duplicates will be going with my parents to their next antique fair as apparently the kids like collecting them.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm surprised that this thread title hasn't been reported to the Apostrophe Society.*

*PS. Shouldn't it read - Numismatists?
:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm surprised that this thread title hasn't been reported to the Apostrophe Society.*

*PS. Shouldn't it read - Numismatists?
:laugh:
Numismatics: study of money/currency
Numismatist: one who studies the abov

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Having a clearout of our back bedroom and came across this boxed set of 12 silver 2002 Golden Jubilee coins. All are case sealed and proof condition. All paperwork intact.
Going to sell it, but have no idea of it's worth (I did search).
Anyone got a rough idea?

Top Bottom