Any of you machine or hand washed 'dry clean only' clothes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah yes the wooden stick , for many mums of the period the favoured weapon of child control. Mrs JK mum was more upmarket she had large tongs . Equally painful in the hands of an experienced practitioner .:laugh:
Actually it was wooden tongs i remember. For shifting stuff between drums?

Mr Celine

Discordian
A twin tub? I'm surprised @Accy cyclist doesn't go down to the nearest river and beat his washing on the rocks.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I didn't know twin tubs still existed
It takes me about 90 minutes (and about 10 to 12 buckets of water) to do what an automatic washing machine could do in a quarter of the time..and a lot more effort!:sweat:. I don't mind though. Being a 'retro' type person it's a bit like living in the 1950's/60' for a while,so i'm happy.

Last edited:
It takes me about 90 minutes (and about 10 to 12 buckets of water) to do what an automatic washing machine could do in a quarter of the time..and a lot more effort!:sweat:. I don't mind though. Being a 'retro' type person it's a bit like living in the 1950's/60' for a while,so i'm happy.
You going to finish off these pants on a metal washboard?

vickster

Legendary Member
Now would i really do that knowing that somebody upstream might've had a shoot in the river.:rolleyes:
Jeez...where do you live?!!

Probably tonight. I'll wash the 2% ones first then see how they've turned out after a short spin then air dried on a 'clothes airer'.
Am I right in saying your 1930s! twin tub does much higher spin than a automatic? I use a spinner which does about 2,000 plus (can't be bothered checking) revolution a minute to get the clothes as dry as possible, even if I am going hang them on the line. But mainly if I want to dry them inside. Used it originally for making cider. Alas I don't smell like an orchid anymore. As my cider was shite i have given up on it. Pity.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've decided to wash the pants with the least amount of wool content. I thought one pair was only 2% wool,but on looking closer i saw they are 20% wool.

1609416802803.png

1609416910367.png

1609417744015.png

1609417800575.png

Top Bottom