Any of you owned, had a go in one or fancy owning a Messerschmitt 'micro car'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Get the new Citroen Ami all electric vehicle for under £6000. 45 miles range, 28mph and rechargeable in 3 hours at home.
The original 1960s Ami is so much more interesting :becool:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
08932CF7-B1D0-4C8D-89C4-722C78DFBED9.jpeg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Whilst I can certainly see the appeal they are rather expensive these days.
How about a modern Morgan 3 wheeler instead? Same money, but new or newish, and likely faster and nearly as daft

Attachments

• 2BBCAC00-1D68-4889-B5C1-8922390E4D16.jpeg
    2BBCAC00-1D68-4889-B5C1-8922390E4D16.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thinking about the safety aspect of these cars, they are quite dangerous. No seat belt, no 'crumple zone':rolleyes:, no head rest and no roll bars on the cabriolets I notice.:rolleyes:

Also, according to this video, they chew up rear tyres and 'the gas' evaporates before you can burn it up/off.

No fuel gauge either, so I suppose you'd have to fill it up before a long(ish) journey or carry a Full Jerry can

At around 30 grand for a very good condition one I'd say you had to have a million in the bank to comfortably buy and maintain one. Think about it, 30 thousand to buy then the insurance, maintenance etc out of a thousand thousand is a fair chunk. 🤔

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Thinking about the safety aspect of these cars, they are quite dangerous. No seat belt, no 'crumple zone':rolleyes:, no head rest and no roll bars on the cabriolets I notice.:rolleyes:

Also, according to this video, they chew up rear tyres and 'the gas' evaporates before you can burn it up/off.

No fuel gauge either, so I suppose you'd have to fill it up before a long(ish) journey or carry a Full Jerry can

At around 30 grand for a very good condition one I'd say you had to have a million in the bank to comfortably buy and maintain one. Think about it, 30 thousand to buy then the insurance, maintenance etc out of a thousand thousand is a fair chunk. 🤔

My bike doesn't score very highly in the NCAP tests but I still use it.

grldtnr

I can go for the 'Moggy', All ready down with the handling characteristics,, get the back end out add in the POWER, and power slide round the roundabouts, I can do that on the recumbent trike, but it's shoot on rear tyres & wheels, plus really quite knackering!

Top Bottom