Any of you owned, had a go in one or fancy owning a Messerschmitt 'micro car'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
My father bought one of these in bits off a mate, and then sold it on still in bits having never put it back together.
1645467677709.png

tyred

Legendary Member
My father bought one of these in bits off a mate, and then sold it on still in bits having never put it back together.
View attachment 632042
A Bond I think?

I've seen one at a vintage rally.

CXRAndy

Guru
Wheeler dealers part restored one, respray and new polycarbonate clear cabin top. They sold it to a vehicle museum if memory serves me right

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A Bond I think?

I've seen one at a vintage rally.
It's a MkB. Looks very similar to the A, but has rear suspension. I once drove a MkA (rear wheel braking, front suspension only, 197cc Villiers motorcycle engine, 12W headlights) from Reading to Preston, including along the M6 motorway. And home again.

grldtnr

It's a MkB. Looks very similar to the A, but has rear suspension. I once drove a MkA (rear wheel braking, front suspension only, 197cc Villiers motorcycle engine, 12W headlights) from Reading to Preston, including along the M6 motorway. And home again.

grldtnr

My father had one, a Bond that is , hard top instead of a soft top, I remember him starting it ,lifted the bonnet to "kick' it over, he didn't have it long , think he did a dodgy deal with Lt.
He unfortunately was like that.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just bought a Messerschmitt KR200 Bubble Car! ☺️

1645499592866.png

1645499647378.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36369886..._Cj0KCQiAjc2QBhDgARIsAMc3SqSiH8dN7GwmtK6lu1Kr

D

Deleted member 26715

Thinking about the safety aspect of these cars, they are quite dangerous. No seat belt, no 'crumple zone':rolleyes:, no head rest and no roll bars on the cabriolets I notice.:rolleyes:
If we got rid of all the safety (false sense of security) features of the modern cars, maybe people would drive them more sensibly if they though they themselves would get harmed.

Top Bottom