Any one know what this is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Seen this strange looking metal pipe or whatever in my garden looks like it may be very big but know i dont want to try and dig it up.

It does not look to be going any where and perhaps a big circle? Its thicker than a mans wrist and the top is about 18 inches down?

Dont know if its some thing the builders of the house have left behind doubt it a utility or service pipe?

Attachments

• 100_9470[1].JPG
    100_9470[1].JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_9471[1].JPG
    100_9471[1].JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 8

gbb

Legendary Member
I agree, it doesn't look like a gas or services pipe, never saw one curved like that.
How old is the house ? Air raid shelter perhaps ?

FrothNinja

Veteran
I wonder if its the rim from some sort of tub or bucket or bin. Is that plastic inside it in the 2cnd pic or where you have been undercutting the soil?

FrothNinja

Veteran
Difficult to get a sense of size or perception but it just looks like an old clay pipe to me.
Thought the OP said metal?

All uphill

Still rolling along
Earthenware pipes were often buried in low lying areas of fields to improve drainage.

It looks like one of them, maybe left in the ground when the houses were built?

Seen this strange looking metal pipe or whatever in my garden looks like it may be very big but know i dont want to try and dig it up.

It does not look to be going any where and perhaps a big circle? Its thicker than a mans wrist and the top is about 18 inches down?

Dont know if its some thing the builders of the house have left behind doubt it a utility or service pipe?

It's one of these, but the other way up. :okay:

1633889484821.png

Top Bottom