Any one using this bike, what do you all think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jorkilabra

Although I must say I did have to 're index the gears myself after just one day!

What lube would you recommend or is the muc off stuff ok?

vickster

Legendary Member
Although I must say I did have to 're index the gears myself after just one day!

What lube would you recommend or is the muc off stuff ok?
I have Finish line dry for summer/dry and muc off wet for wet/winter

I don't think it very much matters as long as the chain is kept clean and well lubed. Chainsaw oil seems a popular choice for the economically astute

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought I'd put plenty on when I did it but I'm certain the noise is was down to not enough, will muc off dry be ok this time of year with the odd shower?
Yeah just reapply after rain or get the wet stuff but it does attract much more so you'll need to clean more

Are you sure you're not cross chaining. Shimano stuff can rattle like hell if you do (sram much more forgiving)

Jorkilabra

I'm actually very particular to stay off the top 2 at the back when on the big one at the front, although I'm never off the big one lol

Ps I only found out what cross chaining was this morning

I must admit I originally had the CXR8.9 before changing to this ADV after it developed a noisy bottom bracket after less than 6 weeks and much preferred the 1x SRAM Apex setup!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Saw this bike myself in store and I would think this would sell well. It is very smart and in the size medium, surprisingly light compared to my Cube CX! Nice colour scheme and if was in the market for a new c2w bike I’d be all over this especially with 10% discount

Top Bottom