Any other fat people on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JozeeB

Regular
I thought that too Andrew. I've always been led to believe muscle weighs more!
To be honest, at the moment, I'm just enjoying the 'buzz' of feeling healthier and fitter and more toned. I'm not 'dieting' although I am trying to reduce my wine intake!! Would be nice to get comfortably into the healthy bmi range though!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Nah wine is fine, it's the homebrew that loads me with empty calories.

That's why I've started making more wine :smile:

If I had to give the single biggest reason I love cycling it would be because I like going weeeeeeeeeeeee down hills :becool:

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I have a long and well commented history of being wrong, but I think muscle might be heavier than flubber.

I've noticeably lost weight on my face and neck but the belly remains; I like to think of it as a pet.
Muscle is more dense than fat, so does weigh more for a given volume.

Fat is lost in the same order that it is laid down: face, limbs, body. It's why you see so many post-teens with no facial definition but otherwise slim. It's also why it's known as a "middle-aged spread", because that's how long it usually takes for fat to be laid down there.

Unfortunately this is also why a belly is the last and most stubborn thing to shift.

Maylian

Veteran
Muscle is more dense than fat, so does weigh more for a given volume.

Fat is lost in the same order that it is laid down: face, limbs, body. It's why you see so many post-teens with no facial definition but otherwise slim. It's also why it's known as a "middle-aged spread", because that's how long it usually takes for fat to be laid down there.

Unfortunately this is also why a belly is the last and most stubborn thing to shift.

Never had that explained and people are forever telling me I've lost weight in the face but I've still got a little bit of a tummy. Fingers crossed I'm getting to the stage where my body gets more defined because I'm rather proud of my legs :smile:

defy-one

I'm 5ft 11" and weigh 15st, or at least I did . Lost 3lbs this week, by watching my calories using MFP and cycling 3 times this week (8-10 mile rides) - I expect to continue this weight loss as the mileage increases.

Hadn't been on the bike for 3 days and blasted round my usual loop tonight!

S1mon

Well I lost ten stone over last 2 years started cycling last year but have been doomed with illness and operations since September last year .. Totally lost all interest as I was not allowed to exercise ... But as things started to improve I was told I could start to cycle a few weeks ago .. After 7 months off the bike just today hit a 26 miler boy it felt good . Yes it was much much slower and only half what I used to do but all the same .. But boy I weighed a few weeks ago and a stone has crept on .. Since started cycling again 6 lbs have disappeared so cycling is good just stick with it . Yes you may throw up on the hills for weeks yes we may be slow but just ignore the knobs and enjoy your ride!!!

defy-one

Weight loss is a great confidence booster!
Being overtaken by other cyclist is demoralising, but I figure all this extra effort on my MTB will translate into a fitter faster me, once i get my roadie, then I shall scalp all of ya! Lol

Top Bottom