Any other fat people on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I wouldn't doubt yourself too much or overthink things. My advice would be to cycle along and enjoy yourself. Before you know it, you will be able to do longer rides. You will be getting fitter and perhaps losing a little weight in the process. There is no reason why a 20+ stone person can't cycle long rides - just think of how many calories you burn off, compared to the whippets!

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm not fat. I'm just six inches too short for my weight.:whistle:

I don't do weighing myself but after reaching a 40" waist and an XXL size top (I'm 5'8") I moved house and started biking to work again. Down to 34" and L without really changing my diet too much but I've cut the snacks and booze right down now and no longer indulge in 3x footlong Subways a week since I noticed they have tremendous stomach stretching capabilities.

I've still got a couple of stone to go I reckon, but as long as I keep doing what I'm doing, I'll get there.

legburn

Regular
I'm not fat. I'm just six inches too short for my weight.:whistle:

Exactly. I'm the perfect weight for a long wheelbase Transit van. The fact that I just so happen to not actually be a long wheelbase Transit van isn't really my fault, now is it. Still, as long as we all agree that I'm the perfect weight, I'm fairly happy. Well done me.

Nihal

Veteran
Changing from fat to thin;sloooooowly.sprint for a couple of miles and you become thin faster.used to 160 pounds at 5ft 7in, now weigh about 154 after 3 weeks

gary in derby

Anyone for a fatties day out? on the bikes of course. could make it a forum ride once or twice a year? that way we could all keep motivated. Also we could ask gb155 to head up the rides as for me he is the guru of cycling weight loss.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
My body is a temple...unfortunately, it's this temple.....

site_0668_0022-469-0-20100930150646.jpg

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'll cheerfully put my hand up for the tubby club.

After dropping 20lb in the first few months of this year I've come to terms with the fact that my belly is here to stay, and am trying to convince myself that it's a great aide to balance / inertia.

My cycling buddy is in his early twenties and nearly invisible when viewed from the side, when he's in front I'm sure it looks like I'm trying to catch him so I can eat him.

I'm never going to have a six-pack, but I can say with pride that I'm reasonably fit, and that feels great.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I went from 140 pounds to 192 pounds in less than a year when I gave up smoking. I've lost some of it but retain sufficient chin,man boobs & mid-riff blubber to be cuddly.
BMI? I don't even think about.
The body shape/weight of those I cycle with has never been a consideration.
Only two considerations are necessary for me to ride with someone;you need to be a cyclist & not be a miserable bugger.

Maylian

Veteran
I'm 6'4", originally I was a 52-54 chest and a 44" waist. After lots of cycling and other bits I'm down to 36-38" waist and wearing an XL top or 46" I think.

I still think I'm tubby, although a bit more defined than I used to be and last night I got called beautfiul by a girl in a club who then bought me a drink :smile: God I love cycling!

Monsieur

I'm 6' and a tubby 17stone with a 38'' waist and 19'' shirt collar size.
I've not bothered with BMI as I don't need a medical number to tell me I'm a fat bugger!
I tend to lose a few pounds whilst at work in the week as I'm not tempted by food but at home I graze all day and thats when the problems start!

My real issue isn't the weight loss - I know exactly how to lose weight and get fitter, I just don't have the get-up-and-go!
Cholestorol moderatly high and BP rather high so currently on tablets for gout, BP and statins.

Oh, and age doesn't help much....you younger fatties have youth on your side - I'm 50 this year and death is always a day closer....

JozeeB

Regular
I'm new here and new to cycling. Been trying very hard for about 3-4 weeks so far (but loving it)! I'm borderline healthy/overweight on the BMI chart and wondering if i can realistically expect to see any weight loss, which is what I'd like. Weight loss isn't my main reason for cycling - wanted to get fitter and healthier and find a hobby we could do with our son (although he is far less keen!). So at the moment I've built it up to 3-5 4-6 mile rides a week (I haven't exercised for years so that is good for me!) but I'm ready to increase that now and easily managing those distances including some reasonable hills. So, the question is, will I expect to see any weight loss at this level of cycling?

Top Bottom