Any other musician cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Used to play the oboe (but sold it a few years back) and euphonium and/or baritone when required. Have a slightly beaten up baritone sitting in the cupboard. Needs valves fixing, but not got round to it yet. .

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
A surprising number of us as bassists!

image.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What do so many cyclists seem to play bass? Is it the strong grip that comes from cycling or the general lankiness that seems to characterize both cyclists and bassists? ;)

Bass guitar needs very little hand strength but needs a surprisingly large finger span, so I'd go for the lanky option.

I wanted to play cello but, as there were no more places left they said ''Let's see how big your hands are.'' And the next week I had my first double bass lesson.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Play guitar rather poorly, couple of amps and guitars plus some pedals, every so often I pick one up realise I am crap, get despondent and put them aside for another couple of months :sad: I have thought about selling the lot but it would be yet another long term dream I have given up on.

Reactions: GM
OP
OP
Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully

There is a huge cycling thread on Basschat.

Reactions: 4F

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Play guitar rather poorly, couple of amps and guitars plus some pedals, every so often I pick one up realise I am crap, get despondent and put them aside for another couple of months :sad: I have thought about selling the lot but it would be yet another long term dream I have given up on.
Do NOT give up.

Whilst you may not be Hendrix or May, you are still doing something that you love.

I would advise looking for someone to jam with and maybe look at forming a band.....then do some rehearsing.....then do some open mics....then do some gigs..........then TAKE OVER THE WORLD

OP
OP
Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully

Do NOT give up.

Whilst you may not be Hendrix or May, you are still doing something that you love.

I would advise looking for someone to jam with and maybe look at forming a band.....then do some rehearsing.....then do some open mics....then do some gigs..........then TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Hendrix no but if he holds it the right way up then he is as good as May

Top Bottom