Any other musician cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThinAir

Do more.
I quite like abelton live for grooves mixing etc and sonar for creating complete songs

Ableton... The best thing ever. It does pretty much everything you need it to and more. Not familiar with Sonar, but I'm very much a fan of logic X as well.

What version of ableton are you running? Ever tried using ableton push?!

Don't play anything but I am the main sound engineer for my Church.
P.S. I am hoping to come into a bit of money soon and when I do I am going to attempt to learn to play an electric piano.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
What do so many cyclists seem to play bass? Is it the strong grip that comes from cycling or the general lankiness that seems to characterize both cyclists and bassists? ;)

Cycling takes up a lot of time. Bass has four strings, ignore the two thinnest ones and you have two. Stay below the fifth fret and there's only, um, a few notes to learn.

Born2die

Ableton... The best thing ever. It does pretty much everything you need it to and more. Not familiar with Sonar, but I'm very much a fan of logic X as well.

What version of ableton are you running? Ever tried using ableton push?!
It's old school 7 I'm a single skint parent with a bike/music/gym habit :smile: my gear is a Kawai es4 piano, Yamaha kx6 controller keyboard all running through a cubase ci2 USB into my laptop it's basic but gets the job done.

Some very od stuff here http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=851491

Born2die

Try to spend a lot of time just on your arms. Out a bouy or kick board between your legs and just freestyle with your arms. The tri swim stroke is really just a small flutter kick for balance. I tend to do 2 kicks for 3 arms. The upside is you get massive shoulders and back muscles then when you swim and run your legs are fresh. Also breath looking back to remain streamlined.

ThinAir

Do more.
Try to spend a lot of time just on your arms. Out a bouy or kick board between your legs and just freestyle with your arms. The tri swim stroke is really just a small flutter kick for balance. I tend to do 2 kicks for 3 arms. The upside is you get massive shoulders and back muscles then when you swim and run your legs are fresh. Also breath looking back to remain streamlined.

Nice tips. Gonna try these. Cheers. We are a musical bunch tonight!

Born2die

We are. I was lucky the local tri club had a national coach down he gave us some great drills and ideas I tend to swim a mile every other day it takes me a rather slow 45 mins but some days I do arm drills as above mixed with 1 min lengths ie you have 1 min per length the faster you swim up the more rest you get etc its the running I'm crap at the cycling a soso and the swims not too bad at all the local biathlon I just did most breast stroked it.

Top Bottom