Any other musician cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I played various recorders throughout my school days, did a music O level too. I dabble with a Sax during my last year at school, just like playing a big shiney recorder with a better sound. My parents put a stop to everything musical, as much as they could though. I liked playing but have never got around to starting again.
Is 49 too old to learn to play guitar? as I would like to give it a go.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
I played various recorders throughout my school days, did a music O level too. I dabble with a Sax during my last year at school, just like playing a big shiney recorder with a better sound. My parents put a stop to everything musical, as much as they could though. I liked playing but have never got around to starting again.
I started at 59 my tutor had a guy that started at 65, never to late

OP
OP
Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully

Still alive ain't ya?

OP
OP
Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully

Most days, yes. Although I do have mornings when I am surprised that I have a reflection :laugh:

Haha, entry level guitars are great quality these days, if you need any advice give me a shout I'm quite the geek.

Just farking do it.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

Black Country Ste

164927_482768225151418_1469010441_n.jpg

I'm the one rocking the Les Paul.

pally83

Über Member
Played guitar since I was 8 (29 now). Got technically quite good around my late teens / early 20s with a full-on shred phase. Now I tend to just bash out a few chords now and then.

Still can't read music though.

Born2die

Played guitar since I was 8 (29 now). Got technically quite good around my late teens / early 20s with a full-on shred phase. Now I tend to just bash out a few chords now and then.

Still can't read music though.
I'm the opposite I can read music but can't manage without it. I have an autistic friend you could make him listen to any piece of music ( I played I'm 20 mins of Mozart once) and he will play it back on the piano note perfect.

Reactions: GM

PaulB

Legendary Member
Began on the uke and progressed on to a four-string banjo but hankered after that drone string so went up to a five-string-er. So yes, I am a banjo-er-ist-whaterver.

RhythMick

Über Member
Self taught guitar in teens and keyboards later in life. Have played in a few bands and did a few weeks worth of gigs on Zakynthos - no cash made but paid for the holiday. Haven't really touched it since I had kids, aside from a bit of teaching.

To be honest I was never very good and could never read music, but could always get it close enough to carry the song. My timing was always good and I could harmonise quite well, my skills being proportional to the product of the alcohol consumed by me and the audience.

Top Bottom