Any Railway Modellers about?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
Just curious.

I'm an armchair modeller who just might be entering an active phase. I bid for, and won, an O Gauge Lancashire and Yorkhire Railways Pug on Ebay last weekend and I've been poring over the castings and instructions since its arrival on Tuesday.

It will probably join the other three locomotive kits that i have secreted away and it's just a matter of time before I find the time and space to indulge in some railway fantasies.
 
I've still got all my 00 guage Hornby stuff in my parents' garage in Yorkshire. Sadly, a lot of it is fit only for spares now (it dates from the late 1970s when I was really too young for scale models), but I do have some Airfix kits somewhere which I built up to resemble locos on their way to the scrapyard with the intention of building a diorama of Barry scrapyard.;) But I'll never ever have the time for model railways again, I don't think.
 
I used to love the smell of the engine after the trains had been run a while..HO & OO etc. I gave all my stuff to the son of a supplier, including a lot of vintage advertising rolling stock. I would like it back but I have a 'vernonchair' idea that I will build a delicate N gauge... :smile:

O - or should that be :ohmy:
12507-tundra121209.JPG


http://gauge0guild.com/ - see what you have bloody well done vernon? :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://gauge0guild.com/whatis.asp - bah :biggrin:
 
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
Aperitif said:
I used to love the smell of the engine after the trains had been run a while..HO & OO etc. I gave all my stuff to the son of a supplier, including a lot of vintage advertising rolling stock. I would like it back but I have a 'vernonchair' idea that I will build a delicate N gauge... :smile:

http://gauge0guild.com/ - see what you have bloody well done vernon? :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://gauge0guild.com/whatis.asp - bah :biggrin:
I've beaten you to it. I signed up (again!) two days ago.
 

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Location
...on the slake
When I was a boy I had a Saturday job at a model/toy shop, the shop had a forge in the yard and used to cast it's own metal parts for model railway sets. My job was to get the orders for sets and then get a card which had all the part numbers on, collect the required number of each part and box it up and post it out - the contents of this box would then be assembled by the recipient to make an engine, coach, etc. They used to ship the kits all over the place. I, as the junior, also had to go over to the shop at tea break and buy the goodies and then hand back the correct change - this was the most complicated part of working there. DJR Models I think it was called, based in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
 
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
threebikesmcginty said:
When I was a boy I had a Saturday job at a model/toy shop, the shop had a forge in the yard and used to cast it's own metal parts for model railway sets. My job was to get the orders for sets and then get a card which had all the part numbers on, collect the required number of each part and box it up and post it out - the contents of this box would then be assembled by the recipient to make an engine, coach, etc. They used to ship the kits all over the place. I, as the junior, also had to go over to the shop at tea break and buy the goodies and then hand back the correct change - this was the most complicated part of working there. DJR Models I think it was called, based in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
I think it might have been called DJB which was bought by Blacksmiths Models.

I could dig into my archive of Railway Modellers, Model Railway News and Model Railways magazines to verify this but I'd be sucked into several hours of drooling over things that might have been on my fantasy model railway in my fantasy model railway room :becool:
 

lukesdad

Guest
Been building an oo gauge layout for last 4years on seperate base boards constructing all the buildings and scenery from scratch.
 

thomas

the tank engine
Location
Woking/Norwich
Not be active for a while, but am building a quite large 00 with my Grandad and used to be a member of a club before starting UNI.

It's one of those things that I've kinda run out of time for atm, but really should get back into a little bit over summer.
 
thomas said:
Not be active for a while, but am building a quite large 00 with my Grandad and used to be a member of a club before starting UNI.

It's one of those things that I've kinda run out of time for atm, but really should get back into a little bit over summer.
You'll be telling us you built a tank engine next, Thomas! :tongue:
 

TVC

Guest
Not done any since my N Gauge as a kid, but I do have an occasional urge to build a compact narrow gauge alpine scene. However, what I don't need right now is another hobby.
 
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
oooohhhh.....

Very nice.

I have aspirations to build a steam powered locomotive but currently have too many distractions.
 
Top Bottom