Any recommended female saddles ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I did. They used eBay Shops for their online sales :okay: None of the LBSs near me had the Ladle in stock which was a shame. In fact, if I remember right, it took me a few days to track one down as they were very scarce. I originally ordered one from Winstanley's, but they couldn't fulfil the order so refunded me so I could look elsewhere. Fabric and Charge are owned by the same company, but I'm not sure if the Ladle or Spoon is available under the Fabric label.

Chislenko

Veteran
Pardon the intrusion from a bloke but for reasons I don't know my bike (mans bike) came with a Spesh Riva ladies saddle. It was so comfortable I bought another for my other bike.

Don't know if they still make it, was some years ago, but when I had to replace the closest I could find was a Spesh Toupe.

Edit. Looks like you can still buy the Riva and for a lot less than they were!

https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/parts/saddles/specialized-riva-saddle-womens__21776

Last edited:

Cycling_Samurai

I was going to come into this thread making a joke about liking me some female saddles but since this is about your daughter I'll not make any jokes.

Gemfer

Regular
Any other suggestions apart from the list of reports for the charge ladle cannot find it in stock anywhere.

During a work desk assessment, I was that I have long femur bones, not sure if that correlates to a bike saddle?

I do not think I have pain on my "sit bones" and fortunately not on my "lady bits" but bruised pain slightly in front of my sit bones, on the inner aspect. So embarrassing but I'm desperate for some advice, just a beginner and cannot afford a saddle assessment at the mo.

Cannot handle the thought of getting back on my bike without a different saddle 😣

Last edited:

T4tomo

Guru
Any other suggestions apart from the list of reports for the charge ladle cannot find it in stock anywhere.

Cannot handle the thought of getting back on my bike without a different saddle 😣
I think a fabric scoop is similar to a charge ladle, albeit £50. I'm now involved in women saddle searching as the other half has been told she needs a slightly wider saddle during bike fit. A selle italia diva flow sorted out the sit bone discomfort, but caused issues at the front, so a Scoop is on its way.

vickster

Legendary Member

Have you measured your sit bones or had them measured?
What saddle do you have currently?

rivers

How far can I go?
I have a diva gel flow on two of my bikes. It works for me. I know people who hate it.
Are there any shops around you that offer demo saddles? For a small, refundable (usually) fee, your daughter can test ride different saddles for a certain amount of time (usually a week). I needed to do that for my TT bike.

T4tomo

Guru
what are your feelings on marmite?:okay:

Dwn

After trying a couple of different types (including a B17 ladies), my wife settled on an SQLabs saddle. She’s been very happy with it, and since it was from Amazon, could easily have been returned if it didn’t work out

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
I picked up a Selle Italia Gel Flow a couple of weeks back from an LBS that agreed it could be used on a short ride and returned if it wasn't the right fit. Seems it fits really well and all is happy in the saddle world again:okay:

Typically, when I want another Charge Ladle (I'm totally fed up with the Selle SMP on my mountain bike) I can't get one anywhere. Except from the US of A via the Bay of E. Looked do-able on the shipping as the saddle is cheaper than it is in the UK, but then you get all the other fees slapped on top of that, so no chance... The ladies' Fabric Scoop also seems to be hard to come by.

Did a bit of poking around, and I've ordered a Madison Leia from Biketart instead.

It looks very similar to the Ladle in terms of shape and appearance. It's a few mm narrower (152 as opposed to 155) and about 8 mm longer, so I figured it was worth a punt at 26 notes.

I'll do a proper evaluation once it arrives.

Fitted the Madison Leia this morning.

First impressions is that there is virtually no difference to the Charge Ladle - most of those differences are very minor and predominantly cosmetic i.e. stitching. Actual construction is identical to the Ladle, right down to the parts used.

The Leia is made by Velo, who also supply another very similar (but slightly narrower) saddle to SJS Cycles. It is also sold under their own name as the Velo Plush VL4125

Anyways, my bottom is very happy (so far). Only discernible difference when riding is that the Leia is a touch firmer than the Ladle, although that may be down to the fact that it's brand new.

I'll do a better comparison later, once I've had a little bit more saddle time beyond the couple of miles I did this morning. I'll probably set up a separate thread and link it back here. Did take a few pics for reference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom