Any Ridley Owners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
One of my local bike shops has just started stocking Ridley bicycles, and they have a Fenix SL (with Ultegra groupset) in the store window, which definitely caught my eye. A bit of a high price tag, though: it's $5000 Australian.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Nice few bikes guys, fair play!

I am itching to either move the Aeronova bars from my Bianchi to the Noah SL, or buy another set. As above, I have not done so as don't want to recable just yet.

Can't find any info on how to get the cables from BB area to the Derailleur's. Does that cable feed underneath just slide out and are there liners in the chainstays, etc?

Ridley themselves have not been able to help me, surprisingly, and nothing on YouTube or Google that helps.

My local dealer, where the bike came from, sadly closed shop in January.

If it's like the helium they should both have inner liners;don't try and take the liners out,feed the inners through.If it was done properly the inners should run through the liners to the mechs,if you are taking the old inners out it may be best to cut the ends off at the levers and use the old cable to help feed the new ones through the inners.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Cheers for the reply. Good idea. One which I had contemplated, but a second opinion confirms it.

Just need a slim but firm tape to attack the two cables I guess.

This is my winter bike now. 2011 Excalibur Flandrien. Campag Centaur 10spd.

top-tube-jpg.4682

https://www.cyclechat.net/media/20131004_173314-640x480-jpg.6917/

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
This is my winter bike now. 2011 Excalibur Flandrien. Campag Centaur 10spd.

top-tube-jpg.4682

https://www.cyclechat.net/media/20131004_173314-640x480-jpg.6917/
Very nice!

Been looking at Ridley’s website this week, in case the Bianchi is paid out for.

It’s a tiny bit of a minefield knowing what to get though. The Noah SL is great on flat, on the hills and also on longer rides too.

Been looking at the Helium SLX as a dedicated climbers bike. Also the Fenix SL to allow me to go on more gravel type paths, which I can’t do now.

Alternatively, something in the Cyclocross range might be interesting for proper off roading.

The Helium is a do it all road bike and can hustle along the flat nicely.

May have posted pics of mine before:whistle::rolleyes:, but anyway here it is in it's latest guise;

IMG_0802.jpg

2013 SL with mechanical Dura-Ace,Wheelsmith aero dimpled rims on Hope hubs,Deda superleggera carbon bars,superzero stem and superzero seat-post;plus

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Had a Ridley Triton for 10 years or more now. Used it for racing and club runs for ages. Could still be using it as my main bike now tbh - it's fast, comfortable, reliable and the build quality is excellent. It mainly gets used in winter now with crud guards on.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Here’s my Noah SL as it was just before I swapped the wheels to the standard Quattro’s yesterday.

Attachments

• 8B0A9213-9BDA-477E-BC61-97C2A66B8C5E.jpeg
    8B0A9213-9BDA-477E-BC61-97C2A66B8C5E.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
First ride...absolutely beaming!

Ok, the fit is only rough, based on the Noah SL, and need a longer stem and to swap my bars from the Bianchi, but this is a very different bike indeed.

It isn’t as fast as the Noah on the flat, for obvious reasons, but up the hills feels more efficient and descending is phenomenal! The Noah needs you to brake through the start of a corner in order to power down out of it. The Helium needs none of that. Actually, braking in the same manner only pulls it off course a bit. Letting myself relax and facing into the bend more results in this thing flying around the bends like we’re on rails!

I love it!

Standard Helium SL20 2016 model, aside from the wheels, tyres and saddle at this point. :smile:

EE835D9A-0D0C-4C66-893C-BB78654220B6.jpeg

Your thoughts @Elybazza61 ?

Top Bottom