Any Ridley Owners?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by bpsmith, 16 Apr 2017.

Tags:
  1. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Just wondering if there are many on here?

Got a cracking deal on a Noah SL in Lotto Soudal colours in late November. Absolutely love it and curious as to what their other bikes are like.

Illaveago likes this.
  2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

@Elybazza61 I think

bpsmith likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

4. Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

My missus has got a custom build Ridley Liz carbon. Built by Carb Cycles, in Barnstaple, to a slightly higher spec than the standard 105 version.
    She loves it to bits.:okay:

iancity, bpsmith and Drago like this.
  5. themosquitoking

themosquitoking Veteran

Picked one up on Saturday, about to head out on it.

iancity and bpsmith like this.
  6. S-Express

S-Express Guest

Fairly ubiquitous in cyclocross, less so on the road...

bpsmith likes this.
  7. Mike!

Mike! Veteran

I've had a Fenix for about 15 months which has now been relegated to my wet weather bike after a took the plunge on a propel in the sale.

Really nice bike, comfortable and hasn't missed a beat although I'm considering a disc brake carbon ride of some sort to replace it soon

bpsmith likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Which model did you get?

9. OP
    OP
    bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

I have never followed CX, but interesting that they are so much bigger in that area of cycling.

10. OP
    OP
    bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

I looked at a Fenix in the shop, whilst waiting for my bike fit. Very nice looking bike too.

11. themosquitoking

themosquitoking Veteran

Fenix SL, Team Edition colour Ultegra groupset. It rides like a dream, accelerates well, holds speed well and floats over all but the worst roads, 50km and it barely feels like i pedalled at all. Love it.

hondated and bpsmith like this.
  12. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Belgian company, didn't CX start in Belgium? Hence Ridley big in CX?

13. OP
    OP
    bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Allegedly started in France according to Google, but big in Belgium and the Netherlands too.

14. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Might have a couple:whistle: although one is for sale now.

Main bike is a 2013 Helium SL so same frame as the pro's used to ride(SLX now).Got it as a frameset at a good price as it was an old colour scheme.

Now runs Dura-Ace 9000 with either Hunt race-aero wide tubeless or Winspace carbon tubular(chinese rim on DT Swiss hubs) wheels.

Just changed the stem and bars to Deda Superleggera carbon and a 110 Superhero stem;not done the intrenal cable routing on the bars though as it will mean re-cabling the whole bike's internal set-up,will prob do it when I get the C-Bear ceramic bb fitted.

It's an absolute joy to ride;fly's up any climbs(depending on the rider:whistle:),comfy and handles rough fenland roads too.

A pic with the old bars on(apologies for the shitty saddle bag);

IMG_20170311_131931113_HDR.jpg

And one from last year with the carbon tub wheels;

IMG_20160821_143840897.jpg

And this is the Icarus which is for sale;

IMG_0041.JPG

Now with a mix of 10-speed 105,Sora chainset and Ultegra 6700 brakes(ie not the latest);Zonda wheels are now on the other half's Liv and the wheels on that now on this.

Be sad to see it go but I'm downsizing a bit and a new project is underway to replace this and the Planet X XLS.

User19783 and bpsmith like this.
  15. Leodis

Leodis Über Member

Just ordered a Fenix sl in lotto team colours, cannot wait to get it built up in the next few weeks

Fenix_SL_FFS4.jpg

bpsmith and Elybazza61 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice